Develop, negotiate and finalize student financial plans consistent with financial planning policies and procedures and with Federal/State regulations for awarding aid. Work closely with new, continuing and re-entry students and their families to ensure the plan and re-plan continue to best meet the families' needs. Counsel students on all acceptances and other matters related directly to the student financial plan. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Work cohesively with ADA's or Admissions Coordinators in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Maintain 100% Planning Load. Create Plans and explain the Plan and the student's/parent's rights and responsibilities for each aid source. Negotiate Payment Plans. Able to develop Student Financial Plans in concert with Institute procedures and knowledge of Federal regulations.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA. Enter the FAFSA electronically and review the resulting ISIR. Assign the appropriate budget to a student and package the student (award their aid) as well as ensure that aid is paid to students' accounts in a timely manner.
- Responsible for complete and accurate files and paperwork, certify loan applications, and complete Basic Verification/QA and C Code Requirements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in timely collections:
- For summer term 80% aid paid consistently by end of 5th week of term and 90% by end of 8th week of term.
- For all other terms: 90% aid paid consistently by end of 5th week of term and 98% by end of 8th week of term.
- Maintain consistently clean files shown through Training Assessments for Compliance with Federal/State regulations, school policies and procedures. -Less than a 10% comment rate per term and less than a 5% potential liability rate for the year.
- Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Other duties as assigned
Manager, Student Financial Services
Other members of the student accounts team as well as students, and the Admissions and Registration departments.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Previous experience working with and technical knowledge of student financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, or commercial loan packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid/EDE software programs such as Banner.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and comply with federal and state laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to the provision of student financial aid.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 18 months ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...