Line of Business: Loan Operations
Job Category: Executive/Senior Level Officials and Managers
This position will Process Retail Servicing - Subordinations, Modifications, and other
1. Bachelor?s degree in relevant studies (i.e. business/financial services,
2. BB&T Leadership Development Program or Banking School Graduate
3. Previous retail loan processing and documentation experience
4. Advanced technical skills to include Microsoft Access and Web applications
5. Experience processing loans secured by marketable securities
6. Experience processing loans secured by real estate
7. Experience processing titled loan applications (i.e. automobile, motorcycle,
boat/motor/trailer, recreational vehicles, etc.)
8. Experience processing applications for high net worth and/or commercial
9. Demonstrated experience with cross-functional responsibilities
10. Loan origination experience
1. Associate?s degree in relevant studies (i.e. business/financial services,
etc.) or equivalent education and related training
2. Three years of experience in retail lending area
3. SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant (or compliant within 30 days of
employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration and
acceptable NMLS background check)
4. Previous customer service experience
5. Ability to work well independently and with team members
6. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to
internal and external clients
7. Strong organizational skills
8. Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
9. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to initiate positive change
10. Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
11. Ability to navigate Windows operating systems, as well as standard Microsoft
Office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel
1. Develop and maintain a strong understanding of retail, small business and
wealth management products, policies, and processes.
2. Process all types of consumer and small business loan requests, including
large dollar transactions.
3. Evaluate and process data in automated origination system and other tracking
databases to ensure consistency with documentation provided in loan files.
4. Develop and strengthen knowledge of compliance, legal and documentation
requirements, including those specific to state laws.
5. Ensure appropriate compliance disclosures are delivered within required
6. Gather and analyze required documentation to ensure documentation policies
are followed. This includes income verifications (i.e. tax returns, paystubs,
etc.), asset verifications, collateral valuations, proof of insurance, flood
certifications, ownership/title documentation, payoff statements and other
7. Coordinate activities relevant to loan processing and closing activities.
This includes working with external and internal clients, attorneys, settlement
agents, loan officers and other contacts as necessary.
8. Ensure transactional loan details are balanced (loan proceeds and general
9. Prepare documentation for closing packages including promissory notes,
security agreements and other required documents in compliance with federal,
state and local guidelines.
10. Prepare funding information and documents in file for disbursement.
11. Ensure loans are properly set up on servicing system.
12. Audit executed loan packages to ensure documentation requirements meet
retail lending policy guidelines.
13. Process files for permanent record retention.
14. Perfect liens for all secured loans. This will include, but may not be
limited to department of motor vehicle registration/titling, real estate
security instruments and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
15. Assist with clearing documentation exceptions per policy.
16. Provide guidance to less experienced team members through mentoring and
assisting with escalated issues.
17. Assist in resolving internal/external client concerns as they arise.
BB&T Human Systems - 13 months ago
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...