At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Information Security Specialist with demonstrated competence and visionary leadership experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Provides technical expertise in development and support of all activities, processes, and tools for protecting technology-based information. Leads enterprise-wide definition, establishment, and maintenance of data, security-related infrastructure, applications, and processes. Provides technical support to clients, management, security administrators, and network operations. Reviews, develops, tests, and implements security plans, products, and control techniques. Reviews circumstances surrounding data security incidents and designs corrective actions. Documents security policies and procedures. Provides implementation support for risk assessment and data security procedures and products. Evaluates new and proposed security systems and technologies.
The Information Security Policy, Governance and Compliance Professional has a remarkable opportunity to participate in furthering the corporate information security policy, governance and compliance strategy. This person will lead and support various security initiatives to support the information security policy, governance and compliance strategy and roadmap and the overall security for the Bank, and will also help set the direction for security governance and compliance at U.S. Bank. We are seeking strong, self-motivated candidates with a proven track record of successful project management, leadership in information security governance and compliance process development and management, experience in authoring corporate security policy, a strong understanding security controls and the ability to collaborate across organizations to achieve mutual goals. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a leader in financial services information security.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Managing large and complex information security compliance related projects
- Providing governance and oversight for the Bank’s GLBA program and related processes necessary to safeguard customer information.
- Managing and developing corporate information security policies.
- Supporting information security policy compliance processes.
- Providing support for audits, regulatory examinations, and customer assessments of the information security program.
- Monitoring the external regulatory environment and recommending appropriate changes to the security program.
- Supporting or leading various initiatives supporting the security compliance strategy.
- Working with senior management to ensure the project meets all corporate goals gaining and maintaining compliance with various regulatory compliance requirements.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Certified Information System Security Professional
- At least 7 years experience with processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and well-rounded technical background with a strong understanding of IT governance, risk management concepts and industry accepted security and project management practices. The candidate should understand and have experience with the regulatory, legal and contractual requirements impacting financial institutions (e.g GLBA, SOX, FFIEC, and PCI DSS). The candidate additionally will have or exhibit the following:
Extensive experience in:
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects with numerous stakeholders across the organization..
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across diverse teams
- Proficient at handling technical and security related topics
- Skilled at balancing competing interests and requirements to deliver a working product
- Careful attention to detail that could ensure audit and regulatory evidence is complete and accurate
- Ability to analyze and articulate implications of compliance requirements
- Skilled at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences and stakeholders at every level of the organization
Subject matter expert in:
- Technical writing/documentation
- Change control
- Product and vendor evaluation
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Information security technologies
- IT environment
- Information security management
- Information security architecture
- Information security audits
- Information security administration
- Network and internet security
1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth largest...