- Works with the Assistant Vice President for Constituent Programs, and other members of the Universitys development, communication and alumni team to develop and execute strategic fundraising initiatives on behalf of the University and the Foundation.
- Develops, coordinates and executes an annual major gift plan for the University, implementing fund-raising activities designed to meet an established monetary goal.
- Establishes new relationships resulting in philanthropic revenue, maintains existing relationships which may generate new philanthropic revenue, and provides prospect/donor-related assessments and feedback for the University and the FSU Foundation.
- Identifies, qualifies and sustains a donor prospect portfolio with individuals who have a giving capacity of $100,000 or more.
- Secures gifts and pledges from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends of FSU.
- Develops and executes fundraising plan for the Universitys strategic initiatives (e.g., Entrepreneurial University, Honors Scholars & Fellows House, Successful Longevity, Veterans Legacy Center) in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for Constituent Programs
- Supports major University project initiatives such as Women for FSU
- Coordinates with central development staff and other cross-functional team members to identify prospects and develop team solicitation plans for planned giving, corporate and foundation relations and principal gifts
- Conducts prospect assessments as needed for other colleges and/or university units
- Exhibits and promotes a comprehensive understanding of the philanthropic priorities of the College of Business, effectively matching the specific interests of prospects to those specific needs
- Assists in the facilitation of meetings, communications, informational exchanges and project/philanthropic coordination with the faculty and faculty chairs
- Plans for and initiates direct activities with prospects that are designed to enhance the affiliation between the prospect and the University
- Negotiates gift agreements, prepares and presents proposals
- Prepares correspondence with prospects and documents communications, solicitation activity and gift information in compliance with Foundation reporting guidelines
- Creates, inspires and maintains donor loyalty, interest and enthusiasm through stewardship communication and activities designed to express recognition, appreciation and the impact of their gift(s). Implementation of such a stewardship plan may include but should not be limited to letters, communication of unit or university initiatives, invitations to appropriate activities, meetings, events, student engagement or the facilitation of campus visits
- Effectively communicates organizations mission and represents the organizations culture to external stakeholders.
- Protects confidential information
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience in major gift development in a university setting.
- Experience in a related field with basic knowledge of personal solicitation methods will also be considered
- Demonstrated, progressive experience in seeking financial support for multi-million dollar programs or initiatives required, including provide record of major gift solicitations and closures
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products suite
- Campaign experience preferred
- Experience with Raisers Edge or other development software preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse audience of personnel, alumni, friends, faculty, and University community members
- Excellent communication skills to include effective and persuasive writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently
- Proven ability to build consensus
- Highly organized, analytical
- Careful attention to detail
- Track record of successful negotiation and mediation
- Ability and discipline to meet deadlines
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities and complex situations
- Information processing management skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively as a member of the Foundation team and participate enthusiastically in the life of the University
- Service oriented approach
- Professional demeanor
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- 22 months ago - save job
Florida State University is among the most efficient of the nation's highest ranked universities, according to a new list released Dec. 8 by...