You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Under direct supervision of Registered Nurse, provides nursing care within the scope of licensure for assigned patients according to established nursing standards and hospital policies and procedures.
- Under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse administers medication, performs treatments and patient care responsibilities as prescribed.
- Consults with and keeps Registered Nurse informed of activities, symptoms, reactions, and changes in the patient's condition with regard to assigned patients.
- Provides appropriate pain management techniques and educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Administers medication following the five rights of medication administration within scope of practice.
- Assists with the rehabilitation and treatment of patients in accordance with the medical plan of care, updates, and revises plan of care under the supervision of Registered Nurse.
- Assists physicians with examinations, treatments and special procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Assists with admitting, discharging and transferring of patients.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Services/Discharge Planner regarding both in-hospital and post discharge needs.
Graduate of an accredited program for licensed vocational/practical nurses.
Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse License.
Intravenous Blood Certification preferred.
Minimum six months prior experience in an acute care setting preferred.
If you are a current
NV-Las Vegas-SAU Las Vegas Flamingo
The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business as well as...