Director of Networks and Security
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 8, 2013, 9:03:00 AM
Essential Job Functions
- Acceptable candidates should demonstrate experience related to leading Network and Security organizations of roughly 1,000 staff, globally disbursed across approximately 100 programs in the North America Public Sector (NPS) Domain. Job roles and skills of the staff in this organization include Network Architects, Network Engineers, Network Specialists, Telecommunications Technicians, Information Security Architects, Information Security Engineers, and Information Security Specialists. The Network Director is responsible for leading the NPS strategy and execution of offerings in the following areas:
- LAN/WAN (e.g., Network and Security Operations Centers, Carrier Management, Routing, Switching, WAN Acceleration, Load Balancing, and Software Defined Networks);
- Wireless offerings (e.g., Land Mobile Radio, 3G/4G/LTE/WiMax, 801.11, Infrared, Microwave, and Satellite)
- Unified Communications and Collaboration (e.g., Microsoft Lync/OCS/Sharepoint, VOIP, Voice/Video/Desktop sharing/Conferencing, Web 2.0, and Messaging);
- Security, Regulatory and Cyber Liaison (e.g., NIDS, Firewalls, Proxies, Cyber Liaison/FISMA, NIST 800-53, NSTAC, NPPD, HIPPA, FCC, and ITU participation and familiarity);
- Network Integration (e.g., IP Address Management, IPV6, Network Time Protocol, Domain Naming Services, Global Catalog and Directory Services);
- Network Optimization (e.g., Network Architecture, Modeling, Forecasting, Engineering Escalation, Behavior anomalies, and Environmental Assessments); and
- Telephony (e.g., TEMS, Wireline/Wireless/Conference Billing, ACD, ITR, 800 number management).
- Directs the organization and performance of certain functional areas and the activities of senior managers. Provides staff direction with an understanding and following of established company policies and procedures.
- Oversees business activities to ensure a high standard of professional excellence is maintained among staff members.
- Directs business function including, approval of overall project plan, budgets, and work breakdown structure.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-term strategies to deliver services to customers within reasonable schedules and budgets.
- Establishes and communicates goals and objectives, defines methodologies, tasks, and activities, and clearly describes roles and responsibilities for performing to personnel. Communicates broadly to help ensure overall coordination for cross-functional teams.
's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Master's degree in related field preferred
Fifteen or more years of related experience
Nine or more years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity included
Experience working with the past and present CSC business environment
Experience working with concepts, practices, and procedures in areas of responsibility
Experience working with the management implications of various forms of financial data
Strong communication skills needed to interface with high-level customer representatives
Strong strategic management and planning skills
Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external clients
Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC - 17 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...