Lithography Research Engineer
- The individual job will be for lithography research and development, focusing on metrology and process control issues related to the most advanced integrated circuit processing currently under development. The position is for a technical individual contributor who will be based in GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 in Malta, NY; some work may also use the research facilities at the College of Nanscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) in Albany, NY. The individual selected for this position will be part of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Emerging Lithography and Tools team that works on new lithographic technologies such as Directed Self-Assembly (DSA) and Extreme Ultraviolet Lithography (EUVL). The person will also have strong interactions with our Lithography Modeling and Architecture (LMA) group as well as with consortia (such as Sematech) and alliances with other companies. Individuals considered for this position must have a strong technical background related to physics, metrology, engineering or optics, as the emphasis will be on direct technical contributions and innovation. The ideal candidate will have proven research experience in metrology and lithography. Candidates with a PhD in a technical field and metrology expertise but with limited experience in lithography will be considered, while engineers with an MS will be considered if they have demonstrated the ability to perform leading-edge research in lithographic metrology.
· Work in lithography R&D with an emphasis on metrology and process monitoring and control
· Work closely with other members of the ELT team developing DSA and other novel processes to insure adequate metrology tools to support research activities,
· Work closely with the exposure tool R&D team to define and validate overlay and critical dimension tolerances and to develop control methodologies for leading edge exposure tools to meet those tolerances
· Perform simulations in support of research
· Design and execute tests to generate data in support of assessments
· Engage with suppliers of metrology tools and process control software as well as university researchers and consortia.
· BS degree with 6 years of experience, MS plus 5 years of experience or PhD with 3 years of experience in engineering, physics, optics or a related discipline plus 2 years of experience in lithographic metrology
· Technical excellence: must be capable of contributing and innovating in leading edge lithographic technology
· Team player: The candidate must be able to inspire and integrate into a world class technical team in multiple locations, driving for results in coordination with others and taking on the right measures of ownership and responsibility in a team environment
· Able to concisely communicate complex technical information in English, both orally and in written form. Candidates must be accessible and approachable, respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality.
· Must be capable of working easily in a cleanroom
· The ideal candidate will have experience in metrology in an R&D environment, with emphasis on developing metology methods and process control methodologies in support of technical roadmap requirements
· Good understanding of industry standard tool capabilities
· Direct experience in lithography and simulation is desirable
· Preferred candidates will have demonstrated the ability to function in a team oriented environment and to influence interdisciplinary projects
· Statistics, data analysis and visualization using programs such as Matlab or JMP
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 10 months ago