Linux Systems Engineer - REFER-LSE
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Linux Systems Engineer
Category Information Technology
Location 1. US-Work from Home San Antonio, TX 78218, US
2. US-CA-San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94107, US
3. US-GA-Suwanee Duluth, GA 30097, US
4. US-TX-Austin Austin, TX 78753, US
5. US-TX-San Antonio-CSTL San Antonio, TX 78218, US
6. US-VA-Blacksburg Blacksburg, VA 24060, US
Education High School
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
Does the idea of building a server farm in your garage excite you? Do you enjoy tackling new and unusual problems everyday? Do the words maintainable, scalable, and efficient and 100% uptime get you excited!! If so, keep reading….
As a Linux SystemsEngineer, you are a Linux junkie that takes on the most intense aspects of solving problems in unique ways for our cloud-based customers. We need you because your talent, hard work and dedication will allow us to reach the next level.
As an Linux Engineer at Rackspace you will be responsible for maintaining the brain (our Databases), face (our Control Panels), and nervous system (Our Applications) of Rackspace. You will be central to the day-to-day success of our Rackers and most importantly our Customers!
In this role you will:
- Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud computing space.
- Provide Fanatical Support to our customers through your innovative solutions that create sustainable and maintainable environments.
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services such as Apache, MySQL, Postgres, Java, Puppet, Scale and many others.
- Collaborate with Engineers and System Administrators on technical issues
- Make architectural design decisions, solve technical problems, and make improvements to our systems.
- Work in a “Dev Ops” environment where you will work closely with software development teams.
- Fundamental knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software
- Excellent problem solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
Nice to Have’s:
- Technical certifications (i.e., Red Hat, UCP, CompTIA, MySQL)
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef & Puppet
- Virtualization and strong networking knowledge
- Experience working in the cloud computing industry
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
Why Here? Why Now?—About Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX) is the open cloud company, delivering open technologies and powering more than 197,000 customers worldwide. Rackspace provides its renowned Fanatical Support® across a broad portfolio of IT products, including Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Hosting and Dedicated Hosting. Rackspace has been recognized by Bloomberg BusinessWeek as a Top 100 Performing Technology Company, is featured on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For and is included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Rackspace was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant by Gartner Inc. in the “2011 Magic Quadrant for Managed Hosting.” Rackspace is headquartered in San Antonio with offices and data centers around the world.
For the 4,500+ current Rackers, however, we are much more than a hosting company. Rackspace offers a vibrant company culture filled with compelling work, a supportive team environment and a lot of fun. We are as Fanatical® about serving our clients and one another as we are about building the future of technology.
We compete in the same space as Amazon, Microsoft and Google because the work that Rackers do allows us to lead the race for innovation and quality. Rackers’ opinions, ideas and creativity are pushed to the limit because pushing beyond the boundaries of today’s hosting standards is the only way to be number one. The pressure is on—Are you ready?
But, don’t take it from us—Rackspace’s awards and recognitions include:
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2008, 2009, 2011
- Forbes Top 100 Best Small Companies 2010
- Forbes 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies 2011
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2010, 2012
- Computer World Best Places to Work in IT 2010
- Business Insider 25 Best Tech Companies to Work For 2011
- Bloomberg Business Week Top 100 Performing Technology Company 2010
- InformationWeek Top Technology Innovators Across America 2010
- Info-Tech Champion in Cloud Infrastructure 2010
Learn more at our website.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 15 months ago
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...