Eastern Illinois University is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position for the RN to BS in Nursing Program beginning August 2011.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Eligibility Requirements :
- Lead classroom teaching in the areas of professional foundations, leadership and management, research and capstone course.
- Prepare course syllabi, unit objectives and learning activities, and course reports.
- Use distance learning technology in the delivery of instruction.
- Use active learning strategies in instruction.
- Engage in faculty development activities.
- Coordinate clinical laboratory experiences in nursing courses.
- Maintain office hours consistent with contract agreement.
- Foster student development.
- Advise undergraduate nursing students.
- Participate in co-curricular activities such as commencement and honors ceremonies.
- Serve on Program and University committees.
To Apply: Send a letter of application, resume, graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and names of four professional references for phone interviews to:
- MSN required. Doctorate in nursing or related field preferred.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in Illinois.
- Experience as a nurse educator.
- Commitment to teaching adult learners.
- Experience with distance learning technology preferred.
Renee Kidd-Marshall, EdD, MS, RN
College of Sciences—RN to BS in Nursing Program
Eastern Illinois University
600 Lincoln Avenue, McAfee Rm 2230
Charleston, IL 61920
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins March 1, 2011 and continues until campus interviews are scheduled. Applications are currently being accepted.
EIU is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer. committeachieving a diverse community.
Eastern Illinois University - 3 years ago