CHENEGA GLOBAL SERVICES
Company Job Title: Security Clerk
Chenega Job Title: General Clerk III
Location: Aberdeen and Edgewood, MD
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Regular, Part-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: 10 January 2011
Approved Date: 21 January 2011
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Controls and verifies authorized pedestrian access to and from controlled restricted areas.
- Ensures validity of security badges by visual recognition (i.e., numbering sequence, expiration date, signature of issuing authority).
- Issues and receives security badges.
- Ensures all appropriate paperwork has been accurately completed.
- Maintains records according to proper instructions/guidance.
- Conducts inventories and ensures accountability of security identification badges.
- Ensures proper storage of security identification badges by locking badge boxes at close of each day.
- Receives security clearances and enters security information into electronic database (such as Excel).
- Provides information regarding individual and escorting responsibilities while in the restricted area.
- Provides visitors with information about required conduct and responsibilities within the restricted areas to include the Personal Electronic Devices (PED) policy.
- Provides information regarding site and surrounding areas as requested by visitors.
- Identifies any security issues concerning badging and access and notifies proper authorities.
- Notifies proper authorities in the event of an emergency.
- Accurate data entry, light typing and word processing.
- Appropriate business dress required.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
- Light typing capabilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance:
- Must have familiarity with the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
Ability to obtain secret clearance.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. Native preference under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Chenega prides itself on providing industry leading market driven compensation, a comprehensive benefits program that is tuned to the market...