The Critical Care Technician is an essential clinical support partner in an acute patient care environment. They assist the patient care team in the performance of various tasks by providing urgent medical attention and procedures for the critically ill patient and those requiring individualized special care. The Critical Care Technician acts under the direction and supervision of appropriate medical staff. This position will enable you to independently use your patient and critical care medical skills while collaborating as part of an interdisciplinary team.
1. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients, including transport.
2. Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
3. Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports change in the patient condition quickly, and secure qualified assistance as needed.
1. Prioritizes and delivers patient care as delegated by the RN or other members of the interdisciplinary team. This may include (but is not limited to) collecting patient data, vital signs, oxygen therapy, and cardiac monitoring.
2. Performs in critical care situations as directed by RN or MD.
3. Assist with emergency resuscitation, set-up and assistance with line insertion, and retrieval of supplies and equipment.
4. Recognizes and completes unit and patient care needs with minimal direct supervision.
1. Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
2. Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
3. Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc
Entry Rate: 11.66
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: As needed by the department
Must have at least one of the following:
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification with one or more years of experience
Current enrollment in an accredited nursing school with successful completion of first clinical rotation
Medical Assistant Certification (CMA) if working in the ER
This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
If doing Point of Care Testing: Must have a High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations.
Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification
Basic computer skills
Phlebotomy certification and/or experience
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...