Requires a thorough use of product and heavy duty trucks parts industry knowledge coupled with selling and application experience. Responsible for attaining company sales goals and budgets in the assigned territory through both retail and wholesale accounts. Have exceptional “hands on” sales leadership and training skills used to manage the Outside Sales Representatives in the assigned territory. Responsible for executing the Director of Retail Sales’s training and strategic sales plan though effective selling techniques. Work closely with the Branch, Area, and Regional Operations personnel in order to reach sales margin and profit goals.
1. Accountable for prospecting, developing and closing sales with the branch sales personnel.
2. Accountable for increasing market share, sales volume and gross profit goals in territory.
3. Develop a thorough understanding of the customer base in the territory, including: current product offerings, FleetPride penetration, product substitutions, and competition.
4. Coordinate with wholesale sales team, including working with the field sales in developing new accounts.
5. Develop quotes/bids, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates for customers, as needed.
6. Establish performance goals and manage the sales team in the territory. This includes, but is not limited to: new accounts; point-of-sale gross profit %; exclusive brand sales; full-line growth; promotion participation; Customer Relations Manager (CRM) order-input utilization; National Call Center (NCC) utilization; FPOnline (current user participation & new accounts); FleetCare existing member sales growth and new accounts.
7. Responsible for all aspects of managing Outside Sales Representatives in assigned territory including, but not limited to hiring, disciplining, training, establishing account goals, etc.
8. Assist sales representatives in resolving customer issues and relationship development
9. Penetrate and expand current market through the introduction of new products and services to new and existing customers.
10. Coordinate with FleetPride sales team to schedule presentations and training as needed for FPOnline/FleetCare.
11. Ensure proper and consistent utilization of the CRM tool with management of customer accounts and entry of sales calls.
12. Participate in customer calls with sales team members.
13. Provide training to sales team, as needed.
14. Support National Accounts by communicating all new customers to the sales team, review activity, and address issues as they arise.
15. Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key accounts in the territory through regular sales calls and business reviews.
16. Maintain records and make routine reports on all sales activities.
17. Provide a territory sales forecast on a regular basis.
18. Develop and deliver sales presentations.
19. Be responsive to customer needs and make sure sales team is fulfilling customer expectations.
20. Communicate all promotions and objectives to the sales team and ensure consistent participation levels.
21. Support vendor programs as directed by Sales & Marketing.
22. Enhance management skills through development and training.
23. Monitor measurable statistics for your territory, including, but not limited to: Territory sales; Territory sales in specific product areas; Territory customer count; Territory customer mix; Territory gross margin; Sales targeted to top 10 customers; Customer retention.
24. Participate in various trade shows, product training seminars and industry association meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma (or equivalent) with 3-years of additional relevant experience in related capacity.
Over 5 years experience in sales; sales of automotive/ heavy duty truck and trailer parts preferred.
Experience in industry or application related to heavy-duty truck parts and fleet equipment.
Strong product knowledge of heavy duty truck and trailer parts
Understanding of the structure of our FleetPride sales force and branches, preferred
Understanding of the heavy duty truck business. Prior experience in the heavy duty industry preferred
Understanding of quantitative/qualitative analysis
Understanding of analytical, statistical and financial processes and procedures
Proven sales skills and abilities in the context as defined for this role.
Team player, with excellent written and oral communication skills that are put to use on a regular basis.
Strong professionalism, credibility and inter-personal skills.
Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access.
Knowledge of iSeries and Cognos reporting tools
Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
Ability to travel a majority of the time is required.
FleetPride - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
For FleetPride, bigger is better. The company is one of the largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the...