The Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for the management of people and processes at the front-end of the store and, secondarily, the functions associated with the cash management.
The Supervisor is an entry-level management position with manager-on-duty (MOD) and key carrying responsibilities. When the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager(s) are not present, the Supervisor is in charge of the entire store. When not acting as MOD, the Supervisor is solely responsible for managing his/her dedicated area within the store. The Supervisor is a primary source of contact for our customers. This position impacts the company by leading the department and the store to success.
Essential Job Functions of Operations Supervisor
- Drive Gift Card sales to meet company expectations.
- Ensure front-end merchandise is set according to the planner and active replenishment.
Store Operations Review
- Adhere to all Human Resources Standard Operating Procedures associated with the personnel files and associate paperwork.
- Adhere to all Loss Prevention Standard Operating Procedures associated with cash handling responsibilities.
- Ensure that all Maintenance and Recovery Standards are being followed per Standard Operating Procedures, specifically at the cash wrap area.
- Manage and approve petty cash decisions.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on Store Operations Review related to job function.
Rewards Card Program
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
Quality Customer Care
- Decide when to open additional registers based upon customer flow per “3 person rule”.
- Communicate and drive marketing efforts to associates and customers.
- Order the front-end area and office supplies.
- Ensure proper filing of all store invoices.
- Count cash register drawers and prepare tills to go into register.
- Perform timely cash reconciliation prior to store opening.
We Value People
- Supervise, oversee, and assist associates with Cashier functions.
- Oversee the performance of all Front End Specialists.
- Process Payroll accurately prior to 10am on Monday morning.
- Assist General Manager with writing the weekly store schedule for all associates and responsible for posting the schedule.
- Ensure cash register certification for new hires and recertification for all associates as required.
- Assist General Manager in tracking the attendance of associates.
- Assist General Manager in writing Progressive Disciplinary Record (PDR) for associates that have cash variances.
- Utilize tact and confidentiality when performing all job functions.
- Track cash variances and report to Assistant General Manager.
- Meet company standards for scan rate.
- Ensure that all Work Opportunity Tax Credit forms are sent to TALX within 30 days of the associate’s hire date.
Essential Job Functions of Manager on Duty
- Manage all sales floor operations and task activities.
- Manage associates effectively by ensuring that all customers receive Quality Customer Care.
- Manage associates effectively by providing feedback on performance.
- Provide Quality Customer Care to all customers by handling customer concerns quickly and sincerely, ringing up purchases with speed and accuracy, and by recovering the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Carry keys for the building. Utilize alarm codes to enter and/or exit the building.
- Ensure that displays are filled.
- Process credits and returns for vendors.
- Complete Manager on Duty (MOD) Training annually.
- Responsible for the execution of the Management Binder per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Communicate important topics to the entire store team through Huddle Meetings.
- Adhere to Dress Code Policy for management.
- Assist with Interviewing potential candidates.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Adopt and Execute our Values of: People, Integrity, Desire to Be the Best, Passion, Enthusiasm and New Ideas.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Flexibility in scheduling; evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays required.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Previous cash handling or office management experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask while leading a team and working as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills required.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
Due to the fiduciary accountabilities of this job, a valid credit check and/or background which will be requires as part of the selection process.
A.C. Moore - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. is a specialty retailer of arts, crafts and floral merchandise for a range of customers. As of July 2012,...