- Responsible for documenting and responding to general employee questions providing basic information, counsel and education to employees/managers on established HR processes and tools including benefits, compensation, payroll, HR operations, staffing and relevant HR events, being sensitive to local practices.
- Input employee HR data/transactions (including new hire, contingent and ongoing transactional data) into human resources information system (HRIS)
- Process various forms and documentation related to human resources activities, Verification of Employment and Letters of Employment as appropriate.
- Interface with other functional groups in support of employee/manager questions.
- May advise on leave of absence policies and appropriate country laws to managers and employees.
- Execute local or in-country processes in compliance with local governances and legislation.
- Provide HR Helpdesk support for file room related inquires, responding to routine employee questions on HR related matters.
- Organize file room audit requests as needed.
- Maintain legacy termination file archive, including confidential destruction of legacy files as needed.
- Maintain Merger & Acquisition and Site Closure employee files, which may include creating, filing, scanning
- Maintain incoming employee and I-9 files which may include creating, filing scanning.
- Provide eVerify for updated I-9 records within 3 days of receipt and provide follow-up as needed for employees that do not eVerify.
- Provide support and information to Consultants, managers or 3rd parties on matters pertaining to employee file information
- May include other responsibilities based on in-country needs or requirements.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience HR coursework preferred.
- 0-2 years functional HR experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work assignments. Ability to actively listen and resolve identified problems. Ability to accurately assess processes and recommend improvements.
- Basic knowledge of HR laws, regulations, programs best practices and philosophies.
- Basic knowledge of software applications necessary to process documents, term notices, employee data information and analysis tools (Word, Excel, Workday, Mail Systems, and Internet).
- Basic understanding of utilizing compensation practices and theories.
Symantec - 22 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...