Plans, schedules, coordinates and implements methods and procedures for the most efficient and economical routing and movement of customers freight in an error-free manner as well as within established service center budget guidelines.
- Utilizes T.E.A.M. System for P&D and Dock Operations as well as Trailer Utilization to maximize resource (i.e. company assets, equipment, personnel) capabilities.
- Prepares and compiles daily, weekly, monthly production and service records and measures conformance to standards.
- Observes, inspects and measures proficiencies in service center personnel to determine changes in work practices and/or procedures necessary to improve overall service center operations.
- Reviews logs and reports and confers with shift personnel to ascertain pertinent scheduling, production and administrative support and administrative support function requirements.
- Assigns and schedules drivers for freight pickup as well as negotiates/coordinates pickup times with customers.
- Coordinates assignment and scheduling of any required dock personnel. Analyzes freight-flow for full trailer capacity utilizing local city and/or break-bulk tonnage planning reports to maximize laden load average and full cube utilization error-free manner as well as within established service center budget guidelines.
- Ensures that all driver collect and COD customers are timely notified and that all appointment freight is properly setup for pre-determined delivery. Accounts for all inbound shipment status accuracy and assists in the timely update of the undelivered freight report.
- Performs and/or assists in the billing, rating and manifesting functions as well as analyzes weight and size of freight to properly project and load trailers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains superior internal and external customer relations, consistent with company policies. Receives constructive criticism and praise in a business-like fashion and maintains a professional, positive attitude
- Assists in the training, development and evaluation of production and/or clerical personnel work performance and recommends or initiates personnel records documentation.
- Is responsible for recruitment of prospective subordinate employees, including screening, qualifying and interviewing in conduction with conjunction with service center manager.
- Inspects service center facilities for conformance to prescribed standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Is responsible for routine maintenance/repairs and initiates requisitions for corrective actions required through service center manager.
- Assists in the investigation of all accidents and job related injuries and ensures report preparation is timely and accurate with corresponding corrective actions initiated; coordinates same with service center manager.
- Is knowledgeable and has understanding and application of company safety practices including DOT, EPA, ICC, OSHA rules and regulations and ensures worker compliance.
- Works closely with Line Coordinator in the planning and implementation of line haul schedules to ensure consistent attainment of on-time service performance requirements.
- Confers with various departments to ensure coordination of service center activities; i.e. line haul, sales, maintenance and claims.
- Issues directives to service center personnel to coordinate the movement of expedited, late or special circumstance freight.
- Assists in the preparation and conduct of regularly scheduled service center meetings in order that all supervisory, staff and production/service personnel might be properly informed relative to service center group performance, company trends, sales/marketing plans as well as individual accomplishments and performances.
- Is similarly responsible for effective and consistent communications at the highest level possible as well as for facilitating our open-door policy directives.
- Coordinates and facilitates company as well as service center sponsored TQM Continuous Improvement Process; is persistent in our corporate commitment to quality and excellence.
- Timely and effectively handles special assignments as directed.
- It is every employee's duty to participate in the company's goal of satisfying our customers economically. Therefore, all employee's may be called upon to perform tasks not specifically listed in their job description. The job description is not deemed to be all inclusive, nor are the expectations of the job limited to the tasks listed in it.
Dayton Freight Lines - 21 months ago
Carrying freight in Big Ten country, Dayton Freight Lines is a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier operating in 11 states in the North-Central...