Performs complex technical tasks related to the Air Quality compliance program within a district of the State to include inspecting and evaluating industrial processes and emission control equipment and conferring with facility personnel regarding the design, construction and operation of facilities to ensure regulatory compliance plus writing detailed reports based on evaluations.
- Ensures that facilities comply with state and federal air quality regulations.
- Reviews correspondence for various types of facilities. Confers with the facility personnel..
- Provides technical evaluation, rule interpretation, and consultation.
- Provides technical assistance as required; inspects industrial sources of air pollution.
- Assists with oversight of air pollution source testing projects.
- Prepares detailed inspection reports.
- Reviews air pollution source testing reports for compliance with established limits.
- Reviews technical submissions, including monitoring reports, emissions inventories and compliance certifications.
- Uses engineering principles and concepts to calculate emission rates and review annual emission inventories.
- Applies professional judgment, engineering knowledge and accepted engineering practices to evaluate industrial processes.
- Conducts independent field work and inspections for assigned facilities.
- Evaluates compliance reviews by facility staff, contract employees and/or consultants.
- Develops and responds to public comments, observations and complaints regarding emission sources and facilities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of principles, theories, concepts, and practices of engineering.
- Knowledge of application and interpretation of specifications, plans, procedures, policies, and standards.
- Knowledge of principals, practices, standards, and related office policies.
- Knowledge of scientific methods necessary to solve problems.
- Knowledge of basic environmental principles, theories, and practices of environmental compliance.
- Knowledge of underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of common construction equipment and practices.
- Knowledge of industrial processes, operations, and technology.
- Knowledge of computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Bachelor's Degree required with a preference given to those with education or experience in Air Quality Engineering.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code ENEG08) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
State of Wyoming - 2 years ago