This position will be part of the DevOps team within Website and Cloud Operations. The candidate will be responsible for creating infrastructure designs and guiding the development and implementation of cloud applications, systems and processes. This position will be working directly with application developers, usually embedded within the development team itself. The candidate will need to be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment with experience in:
- Cloud and virtualization based technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare, vCloud)
- Java Application Server Administration (Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat)
- Linux/UNIX Administration (Ubuntu and RedHat/CentOS)
- Developing and supporting cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding application development teams
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Support always-available cloud based software as a service (SaaS) applications and corporate web presence.
- Making decisions on problem resolutions in critical down time situations when escalation is impractical.
- Create and revise infrastructure and architectural designs and implementation plans and guide the implementation with operations.
- Interface between application development, infrastructure support and tools development teams.
- Rotating on call support of production infrastructure and applications. Business hours support for development systems.
- Provide requirements and enhancements to the tools development team who provide the deployment and administration tooling.
- Help developers leverage infrastructure, application and cloud platform features and functionality and participate in code and design reviews.
- Create knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to help developers and operations teams understand and leverage the systems capabilities.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Leverage scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby) to build required automation and tools on an adhoc basis.
- BS /MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience with at least 3 years of web administration
- Working knowledge of both Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Application clustering / load balancing technologies
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (eg Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat, Websphere)
- Solid Linux experience (Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache/Nginx)
- Understanding of Web services (SOA)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
- Solid experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or VMware vCloud (a strong plus)
- Java development experience is a strong plus
- Experience with Ruby on Rails/Passenger
- Experience with monitoring systems (Tivoli, Wily, BMC, Nagios…)
- MATLAB knowledge
- F5 load balancer experience
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2500 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks - 20 months ago
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming...