Acts as an intermediary between the Family Medicine Health Center and the patient to bring about the most effective health-care treatment. Responsible for all managerial functions of the Family Medicine Health Center.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversee clinical operations of Family Medicine Medical Center.
2. Enforce clinic policy and procedures.
a. Supervise 10-12 individuals on daily basis to assure quality patient care.
b. Complete employee evaluations/disciplinary actions per NSU protocol.
c. Serve as hiring manager for new employees in the Family Medicine Medical Center.
4. Monitor and complete office billing procedures on daily basis to include:
a. Fee collection, daily deposits, online payment.
b. Insurance verification.
c. ICD-9/encounter form review for correctness and completion.
5. Supervision of clinical operations to include:
a. Patient triage and patient flow.
b. Patient registration and check out.
c. Processing of patient referrals.
d. Quality assurance with medical assistant procedures.
e. Oversight of appointment confirmation.
f. Oversight of laboratory procedure.
g. Order and maintain clinic supplies, including supplies from the laboratory, Office Depot, and all other medical supplies.
h. Completion of timesheets for the Family Medicine Medical Center staff.
i. Help resolve patient and clinic problems daily.
j. Maintaining staff schedule to ensure constant coverage accounting for vacation time and Saturday schedule.
6. Ensure OSHA / HIPAA laws are being followed:
a. Make sure medical records are handled in a way that is in accordance with existing laws, rules, and regulations.
b. Phone/paper logs.
7. Attend administrative meetings.
a. CEO/Clinical Operations meetings.
b. Monthly clinic meeting with practitioners.
c. Coordinate monthly staff meetings.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Keep workplace orderly and professional in appearance.
2. Speak professionally to patients in person and on the telephone who may have questions.
3. Assist the office staff in special projects as required.
4. Function with proficiency in all areas of the front office.
5. Attend health fairs as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Computer proficiency in Windows based software.
2. Adept at data entry/word processing.
3. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
4. Ability to be empathetic, tactful, and objective.
5. Excellent supervisory and organizational skills.
6. The ability to speak clearly and distinctly in a well modulated and pleasant voice and to use correct grammatical constructions and choice of words.
7. Familiarity with medical terminology.
8. The ability to quickly relay messages to the appropriate personnel.
Nova Southeastern University - 2 years ago
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator, ha...