As the world’s leader in Lighting, Philips is driving the switch to energy-efficient solutions. With worldwide electrical lighting using 19 per cent of all electricity, the use of energy-efficient lighting will significantly reduce energy consumption around the world and thereby cut harmful CO2 emissions. Philips provides advanced energy-efficient solutions for all segments: road lighting, office & industrial, hospitality and home. Philips is also a leader in shaping the future with exciting new lighting applications and technologies such as LED technology, which, besides energy efficiency, provides attractive benefits and endless new ‘never-before-possible’ lighting solutions.
Some product highlights: Xenon car lighting, CosmoPolis street lighting, Living Colors ambience lighting.
Philips Lumileds Lighting is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-power LEDs and a pioneer in the use of solid state lighting solutions for everyday purposes including automotive vehicle lighting, traffic signals, outdoor signage, LCD monitor back light for PCs, high-volume consumer lighting products, cell phone camera flash, television backlighting, and general lighting. Lumileds is a subsidiary of Philips Lighting, the world leader in general lighting. Lumileds is headquartered in San Jose, California, with operations in The Netherlands and Malaysia and sales offices throughout the world.
Philips Lumileds is currently seeking an Epitaxy Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for guiding the Epitaxy Engineering team as the team works closely with operations to meet production demand while driving improvement in yield and productivity in a high volume manufacturing environment. The Manager will drive the team to improve yields and quality, using Lean Operations, 5S and Six Sigma principles. The candidate will lead and interact with a team of Engineers and Technicians, in a fast paced highly interactive environment, where rapid growth is the expected norm. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with Operations, Product Engineering, Marketing and R&D teams to introduce new processes and new products
- BS/MS/PhD or equivalent technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or relevant fields, with knowledge of compound semiconductor materials and MOCVD, an advantage.
- Ideally, minimum of 2-5 years of epitaxial process development or process sustaining experience in a high-volume semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- FMEA approach and root cause determination.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects and people, by working in a cross-functional team. Ideally, experience managing process engineers in an Operation team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and Six Sigma techniques a plus.
- Statistical analysis experience needed, with background in SPC.
Philips - 3 years ago
Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With sales of EUR...