FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide®. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
The Transportation Field Manager is responsible for managing the field operations of the Transportation Department. The responsibilities include developing and coaching the delivery teams, while ensuring professionalism in the community in which we deliver. The Field Manager is expected to manage cost and service performance through field audits and feedback, as well as creating and sustaining relationships in the building and communities we serve. Equally important are supporting the shift teamwork and Operations Center through open lines of communication.
- Conducts Field Audits
- Report and investigate truck and worker’s compensation accidents
- Observe and enforce all DOT safety rules and regulations
- Communicate with other departments heads and FreshDirect personnel to assist in various needs
- Handle driver/helper employee performance issues
- Daily review and analysis of Metrics Reporting to drive continuous improvement
- Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Teamleader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
- Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of Teammembers; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Teammembers; does not conduct the same work as Teammembers on a regular basis
- Direct Reports
- Route Drivers / Foot Couriers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors degree a huge plus
- Minimum three (3) years of transportation supervision experience required
- Freshdirect Employees must be enrolled or on the mentorship program waiting list
- Driving experience preferred
- CDL License a huge plus
- Ability to build strong internal/external working relationships with the company and within the community
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Goal oriented work ethic with high standards for quality performance
- Strong coaching skills
- Ability to multi-task is a requirement
- Must be able to give instructions and communicate clearly with Driver/Helpers and Foot Couriers
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 17 months ago
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...