* Technical Ability: A high level of professional technical knowledge of contract law, business law, negotiation strategies, risk analysis and mitigation strategies is required. Must possess the ability to research law, including contract law, and navigate complex and problematic issues to achieve compliance and risk mitigation on behalf of the Company. Must have the ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of evolving contract and business law, rules and regulations.
* Analytical Skills: A high level of professional ability to identify business and contract issues, perform research and analysis, and develop and implement strategies for addressing such issues is required. Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to extract and organize data associated with contracts and legal issues, including financial data, to thoroughly develop and present risk analysis, accurately address management inquiries, etc. The candidate should be able to anticipate problems, determine how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather appropriate and necessary information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
* Communication: A high level of professional communication skills, verbal and written, are required to interact with all levels of Company management and staff; various third parties; and outside legal counsel.
* Leadership: The incumbent should demonstrate the ability to engage others towards results in an environment of change and manage the completion of tasks within established guidelines and timeframes.
JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
* Education: Master's Degree in Business Administration or Law Degree is required.
* Related Experience: Minimum of 2 years previous experience in contract management (e.g., analysis, negotiation, drafting), practice of law or other related field is required.
* Equipment/Software Skills: General working knowledge of use of PC software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet-based legal research tools.
* Travel Expectations: Travel is not a routine part of this position. However, the ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data for reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, legal counsel and the general public.
* Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for legal analysis, risk assessment, drafting and negotiation of all nature of contracts including, among others, purchasing, marketing, licensing, sales, real estate, leasing, and employment contracts and assuring that potential risks to the company are adequately assessed and mitigated. This will include coordinating with internal stakeholders; negotiating with vendors and customers; conferring with outside legal counsel; and determining mitigation strategies on business and legal issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide implementation and management of assigned contracts and projects.
* Analyze, develop, and implement contract and legal strategies to achieve Company goals and objectives.
* Perform comprehensive legal analysis of contract and project matters as assigned.
* Liaise effectively and efficiently with internal stakeholders, customers, vendors, outside legal counsel, and other third parties to achieve Company goals and objectives.
* Manage assigned projects to ensure timely completion and performance of Company commitments and obligations.
* Ensure the Company and other parties comply with contractual commitments.
* Drive the contract review process to ensure timely closure on Company opportunities.
* Review internally and negotiate draft contracts from customers, vendors, and other third parties.
* Review and interpret existing contracts to determine/confirm contractual obligations of the parties to the contract.
* Regularly report the status of contract actions and assigned projects to the Director of Contracts and Sr. Director of Legal Affairs & Contracts as requested.
* Use spreadsheets, databases, processing scheduling, and project management software tools to complete tasks.
* Responsibilities will evolve over time and new responsibilities may be added based on the changing needs of the department or Company.
Adtran - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard