Duties & Responsibilities: Under minimal supervision, develops grants applications. Maintains files containing information. Provides technical expertise, information and problem resolution. May administer and monitor grant projects/contracts.
• Develop grants applications.
• Maintain files containing information (e.g. grant applications, budget amendments, audit reports).
• Provide technical expertise, information, and problem resolution for grant related activities.
• Develop relationships with college faculty and staff members in order to foster competitive grant applications and proposals.
• Serve on Council for Resource Development (CRD) Federal Funding Task Force.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending professional development training, workshops, seminars and conferences and by reading professional literature in the technical field.
• Create and maintain a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and strong team orientation.
• Display a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operate effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
Minimum Training & Experience: Completion of an undergraduate major in business or public administration, law, or a closely related field from a four-year college or university *AND* One year of professional experience in the development, administration, or evaluation of grant or grant-funded programs, budget development or analysis, planning, research, or program area directly related to the area of assignment.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Completion of an undergraduate major from a four-year college or university *AND* three years of professional experience in the development and successful submission of grant proposals to federal agencies, corporate or private foundations.
All applicants must complete an online application, upload resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter. Official Transcripts are required within 60 days of employment.
Background screenings are conducted prior to employment.
Successful submission of federal grants, preferably the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Department of Education.
Successful submission of corporate and private foundation proposals.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE SCREENED AT THE PREFERRED LEVEL. APPLICANTS MUST MEET BOTH THE MINIMUM AND THE FIRST LEVEL OF PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Additional Information: All applicants must complete a Georgia Piedmont Technical College Online Application to be considered for employment at https://www.easyhrweb.com/JC_GPTC/Job%20Listings/JobListings.aspx
**Please note this posting will close on August 15, 2013. **
State of Georgia - 7 months ago
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...