Would you like to be a part of a team focused on building, enhancing, and extending technology solutions that manage the employee life-cycle for thousands of employees around the world? Do you have knowledge and experience in SQL, OOP and web page design? Do you understand basic accounting principles and have a willingness to learn HR and Payroll business processes? Do you have a passion for customers, automation, design, development, data integrity and process improvement?
Amazon is looking for someone well-rounded technically, passionate about software development and experienced with building integrated and scalable systems in a global environment. As a Programmer Analyst on the HRIS Delivery team you will have the opportunity to work with PeopleSoft and related technologies alongside a team of dedicated software and data engineers, architects, and database administrators. Your broad responsibilities include partnering with Amazon HR and Payroll organizations, teaming up with other analysts and developers to design and implement quality solutions on a variety of projects across the globe. In addition to leveraging delivered PeopleSoft functionality, you will be responsible for tailoring applications to support custom functionality using a variety of technologies including PeopleTools, Integration Broker, Application Packages, PL/SQL, Java and Linux.
- Work as an individual contributor to deliver targeted solutions in support of major project initiatives.
- Author Software Requirements Specifications, Design and other technical documentation.
- Develop and unit test high quality software solutions using PeopleTools and related technologies.
- Work with peers to sustain continuous improvements in quality through collaboration and process improvements.
- Support existing processes, refactoring and deprecating code as needed to optimize solutions.
- Innovate within the boundaries of industry best practices to build sustainable and globally scalable solutions.
Will consider 1-2 years experience with proper acedemic qualifications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and adopt new tools and technologies.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with relational databases including SQL skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with an OOP language such as Java or C#.
- Knowledge and experience working with the unix/linux operating system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or related technical field.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Oracle databases.
- Knowledge of and experience working with PeopleSoft HCM.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Java.
- Knowledge of and experience working with a web framework such as Ruby on Rails, J2EE or .NET.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
- Understanding of enterprise resource planning systems.
Amazon.com - 14 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...