Reporting to the Facilities Manager or designated manager, ensure safety and efficient auction operation for all employees through repair and maintenance of all auction facilities and equipment. Responsible to keep workplace safe and free of hazardous situations in accordance with corporate and security guidelines, policies and procedures. Perform all additional duties as directed by Facilities Manager. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Responsible for building support and upkeep to include keeping the roof in good repair, monitoring the plumbing and sprinkler systems and perform additional maintenance tasks as necessary such as welding and carpentry. .
2. Ensure proper follow-though on all directives, bulletins, and schedules from the Facilities Manager or other corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of communications with all personnel.
3. With guidance from the Facilities Manager, monitor and control all facility conditions and equipment for cleanliness and safety per auction and company standards.
4. Ensure good operating condition of all equipment and provide routine preventative maintenance per developed schedule. Provide minor maintenance and repair to property and equipment as needed.
5. Maintain a current list of emergency contractor and repair contacts and distribute as needed to management. Follow-up on all repair work performed.
6. Take appropriate personal safety precautions such as safety glasses, respirators, and protective clothing when appropriate while performing maintenance tasks.
7. Ensure conditions of auction buildings and grounds are not a potential threat to employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee or customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to Facilities Manager immediately per auction policy.
8. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Medium to Heavy Physical Work. (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Machine Operators (without inspection), Mechanics, Skilled Trades People positions. (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Constant –reaching, standing, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling, lifting, crouching, crawling, grasping, stooping
Potential - running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations.
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts.
Adesa Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The company offers used vehicle...