JENOPTIK Optical Systems Inc. is looking to hire an Inventory Control Specialist in our Huntsville, AL facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Control, Maintenance and Accounting for Raw Materials, Work-In-Process & Finished Goods, Inventory Movement and Positions using SAP Software
- Perform Maintenance of Inventory Valuation within SAP
- Order wafer substrate materials, chemicals, outsourced mechanical processing, outsourced vacuum coatings, and all other COGS items required for production of JOSI-AL’s products.
- Place purchase orders for capital equipment repairs, facility maintenance, and service subcontracts.
- Work closely with coating suppliers and outsourcing suppliers to maintain strategic relationships.
- Establish JIT purchasing for supplies and consumables. Work with corporate JOSI purchaser in negotiating preferred pricing agreements
- Supports and Delivers Standard Inventory Reporting, works with Accounting Department to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels
- Corroborates with accounting department to ensure precise recording of inventory movements
- Communicates with Production Control and all department managers and purchasing on inventory levels and locations
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Principles relative to Inventory Management
- Supports VP of Finance with Year-End Audit
- Responsible for generating and implementing inventory control policies and procedures
- Accountable for performing monthly, quarterly, and annual physical inventory cycle counting
- Records physical inventory adjustments and differences in SAP
- Assists with month-end closing process as it relates to inventory
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years experience using SAP, Oracle Software, or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software
- Bachelors Degree or Associate’s Degree with 5 years experience
- 3-year minimum work experience in Inventory Management or Cost Accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting practices.
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards (IFRS) helpful.
- Ability to work with others in a complex management matrix structure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must possess “soft skills”: conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills
- Expertise in dealing with people effectively and politely
- US Citizen or Qualified U.S. Worker
Apply for the Position
Applications can be submitted by e-mail at