Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) provides business-critical services to Bayer's North American Subgroups: Bayer CropScience, Bayer HealthCare and Bayer MaterialScience. BBTS is a combination of Bayer Business Services, Bayer Technology Services and other service activities for Bayer in North America. BBTS has a singular vision: to Foster the Success of the Bayer Group. BBTS employees accomplish this by using their experience and expertise to tailor solutions and services to the needs and requirements of their customers in the following areas: Business Planning and Administration, Bayer Technology Services (Engineering Services and Site Services), Business Consulting, Finance and Accounting Services, Human Resources Services and Support, Information Technology Services, Integrated Employee Services, and Procurement Services. LITH-SMPM Supply Mgr Apps & Proj Support We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) organization currently has a career opportunity available in Pittsburgh for an IT Analyst. As a member of the Bayer Business and Technology Services team you will be responsible for providing IT support for Senior/Executive level management. This includes 24x7x365 availability, Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) support, and remote support. Key components for this position are strong customer focus, excellent communication skills, and ability to work well with other teams within BBTS to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
The Incumbent will:
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Provide a superior level of service to the Executives at the Pittsburgh site;
- Support various PC hardware and software systems, PDAs, SOHO environments, Video Conferences, Special Events, Off-Site and General Meetings (Locally, Regionally, and Globally) involving Executives;
- Interface with other BBTS/Global groups to address and fix Executive problems in a timely manner;
- Document and track all items related to Executive support, this includes entering all issues related to Executive support into the Service Center (tracking system);
- Provide End of Lease (EOL) support, assist Executives through ordering process and provide seamless transition to new hardware/software systems;
- Provide one on one training to Executives for any new technology (hardware or software) as required;
- Communicate with Executive groups about any outages/problems that may impact them;
- Introduce new technologies to Executives as well as support and implement the technologies as required;
- Pilot/test new technologies and provide feedback to other BBTS teams;
- Interface with outside vendors to resolve issues as required;
- Strong knowledge of Home Networking environment both wired and wireless and Bayer@Home Technology;
- Support/lead small projects and comply with internal project controls.
- Bachelor†s degree with at least three years of applicable experience OR master†s degree with 0-1 year applicable experience OR five to seven years of applicable experience;
- Six months supporting executive level clients;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative, excellent follow-up skills, possess keen analytical skills, along with excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to articulate concepts and ideas related to assigned projects and customer support;
- Strong teamwork skills, having the ability to work effectively with a variety of people, with varying backgrounds, at all levels of the organization, locally, regionally and globally;
- Ability to quickly assess and learn new and emerging technologies and products;
- Highly organized, results oriented, and able to resolve issues/problems with minimal supervision;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with various groups within Bayer and leverage these to quickly identify and solve issues involving executives;
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
- Lenovo Certification;
- A+ Certification;
- Strong Troubleshooting Knowledge of all Bayer Standard Software including Windows, Lotus Notes, Bayer Connect, Odyssey Client, Cisco VPN;
- Excellent remote support skills, which include phone support and LANDESK remote control support;
- Proven ability to work under stressful time sensitive conditions with the highest level of management within Bayer;
- Strong understanding of future PWP direction and be knowledgeable of future supported software which will include Windows 7, Outlook, Office 10 and Office collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint);
- Excellent working knowledge of the Service Center system;
- Excellent working knowledge of the EOL system;
- Extensive knowledge of Blackberrys, Cell cards, Tablets, iPhones, iPads and other hand/mobile devices;
- Extensive knowledge of home networking and have the ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot Executive†s home networks.
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and materials...