Reports To: Screen Print Supervisor
Supervises: No Responsibility Supervising Associates
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Screen Print
Summary: This position is responsible for inspecting all printed garments, reporting errors, and packaging finished garments.
Obtains pre-price tickets for orders as required.
Verify work orders for; Ship and cancel dates; Art ID numbers; Art size; Art type; Art location; correct garment styles; correct ink colors and compare findings to Manufacturing Production Sheet.
Verifies order with Pre-Price tickets.
Verifies garment style/size/color when attaching Pre-Price and hang tags according to the operation description steps on the job routing page.
Signs employee number next to the operation performed on the job routing page.
Layout garments and prepares orders for production.
Assists with filling out scrap form and places scrap in designated area.
Assist Finishers with garments as needed.
Verify quality of decoration and quality of garments.
Helps Finishers pack, weigh, and document as needed.
Maintains an efficiency of at least 100% after training period.
1. Effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Regularly demonstrates GEAR Vision and Values.
3. Demonstrates dependability by following instructions and responding to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
4. Demonstrates quality by being accurate and thorough. Continues to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
5. Encourages safety procedures by using equipment and materials properly. Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
6. Complies with GEAR’s attendance policies.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, climb, reach with hands and arms and stoop regularly.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, but may occasionally be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Works near mechanical parts
- Noise level in working area is moderate
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred but not required .
- Previous experience is preferred, but not required
- Minimal computer skills needed
- No certifications needed
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate. Other duties will be assigned as needed.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GEAR FOR SPORTS® has celebrated over 35 wonderful years of business. Our company started with a vision, a dream and humble beginnings,...