This position will be involved in the overall design and mechanical integrity of products to ensure that they meet or exceed company and customer’s requirements for safety, operating efficiency, reliability and cost control.
The accountabilities of the position are:
1. Handle all aspects on the design of the product working with Product Development, ME, QC/QA, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Sales ensuring product delivers on time and meets all requirements.
2. Manages the concept, design, analysis, and development of mechanical or structural product including all parts and components
3. Responsible for the direction on the inner workings/engineering for all product designs.
4. Make sure that the overall concept is innovative as well as functional
5. Work on drawings necessary for prototyping and production using Pro-E and Solid Works
6. Review all prototypes. Creating the non-functional and functional model that can be used for testing and form and fit checking.
7. Work with ME and QC/QA reviewing the initial run of components and assemblies for design compliance and fabrication/manufacturing methods analysis
8. Follow the product through the EP, FEP, and PP stages signing off on each sample submitted and or making recommendations for change if the functional and overall performance is not up to standard.
9. Work on product cost
10. Work with Product Development on Project management
11. Stay abreast of all new materials and product trends
12. Liaison between Swimways and China operations
13. Manage department approved budget
Successful candidates for this position have:
- 8+ years industry experience minimum
- Ability to use industry standard CAD systems for design and documentation
- Experience in design for manufacturability and assembly
- Experience with the design and manufacture of plastic molded parts
- Experience with the design and manufacture of bent tubing, and welded components
- Ability to correctly use standard test and measurements equipment to quantify design margins and problems
- Must have solid design experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Product Design Engineering, Industrial Design
Coroflot - 2 years ago