Hamilton Sundstrand is among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. Our industrial products serve industries ranging from hydrocarbon, chemical and food processing to construction and mining.
Milton Roy Company, a subsidiary of Hamilton Sundstrand, is a global leader in pneumatic, hydraulic actuated, solenoid driven metering pumps, fluid control technologies, and odorization equipment with facilities around the world. For more than 70-years, Milton Roy has exceeded customer expectations in a wide variety of industries and applications such as water, waste water, power generation, chemical and oil & gas industries. Key to Milton Roy's success is its commitment to its employees and customers globally.
Currently we are looking for a Sr. Buyer/Planner in Ivyland, PA.
As part of the Supply Chain team at Milton Roy, this individual will be a key contributor in identifying and successfully executing the following:
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
- Strategic analysis of materials consumption requirements in order to drive production make/buy needs including: coordination between domestic and global sourcing buy
- Control of inventory levels to sustain or reduce in-house stock
- Monitoring of standard cost structure. In addition the ideal candidate should progressively pursuit cost savings opportunities in coordination with purchasing/sourcing teams.
Incumbent (`9s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
- In-process Inventory Control
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Manage the procurement cycle from purchase order to payment of invoice
- Actively identify and address issues in the supply chain to insure all requirements are met as well as drive continuous improvement of key metrics including delivery to customer requirements, cost, lead-time, inventory turns and Supplier quality
- Responsible for identifying and achieving material cost control, opportunities for cost savings and lead-time improvements
- Daily interaction with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to align orders to demand
- Responsible for supplier management and development. Evaluates supplier performance and provides feedback to the business and to the Supplier
- Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
- Day-to-day coordination with third party shared Supply Chain Service Center
- BA/BS degree with 4 (`37+ years experience
- MA/MS degree with 2 (`35+ years experience
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing, Materials Management, Planning and Logistics
- Demonstrated leadership skills accompanied by a sense of urgency to obtain results
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing & Product Quality
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in Kanban & Consignment Inventory Management processes
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Solid skills with ERP systems and PC applications
- Must be a good verbal and written communicator
- 4 years ago - save job
Out in space, yet down-to-earth, Hamilton Sundstrand manufactures commercial/military systems for air, land, and sea. A unit of United...