Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially Linux Systems Engineers. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job for a Linux Systems Engineer right now, however, it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises a Cisco representative can contact you directly. This position general requires the following skills and responsibilities:
Define, design & develop a compute platform based on Openstack. The job requires ability to use assets efficiently, think outside of the box, and be creative with solutions. The candidate must be self-sufficient, have the ability to take on multiple tasks, and must have excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. Attention to detail and ability to learn process and technology quickly is a must.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong hands-on knowledge in Unix/Linux environment with 5+ years of experience
- Superior analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Hadoop (cloudera, hortenworks), Hive, Pig, Scoop, Flume
- Knowledge of search technologies (Lucene, SolrCloud, Elastic Search, Cloudera Search)
- Distributed Cloud Technologies RabbitMQ, Cloud Foundry, OpenStack, AWS
- Expertise in large scale systems engineering
- Expertise in scripting - Shell(bash) + Ruby/Python
- Good understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Good understanding of Java is a major plus
- Working knowledge of RHEL/CENTOS/FEDORA is a plus
- Working knowledge of MySQL / SQL is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB or HBASE) a plus
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as svn, git, puppet, chef, CFEngine
- Monitoring tools: StatsD, Monit, CollectD, Graphite, Nagios, BMC ProactiveNet (Pnet), SolarWind
- Must have experience working in a production work environment with either third party or in house LAMP stacks.
• Passion to proactively seek ways to improve our infrastructure.
• Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate posses a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self confidence to be assertive when taking a position.
• Indomitable work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
• Accountability: You should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds himself accountable for performance and takes ownership.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...