Provides dockside service to marina guests by assisting with all guests’ needs and fulfilling their requests, as part of IGY’s customer service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Provides service to marina and facility guests that meet established quality standards for all marina related operations; ensures that recognized standards are maintained and that quality and delivery commitments are met.
- Assists Dock Master in marina related duties such as securing vessels to docks, connecting and monitoring utility services (telephone, power, and water), black water pump out, waste disposal and facility sanitation.
- Expedites any and all requests from vessels including escorting incoming marina guests to/from yachts, assisting with luggage, and offering information pertaining to available services and facilities of marina (provisioning, laundry, etc.).
- Routinely operates motor/water vehicles and other various mechanized equipment, including transporting of guests about the facility in company vehicle/cart.
- Responsible for keeping golf carts clean and charged, where applicable.
- Provides general security and supports marina and facility security teams in their security related efforts; reports disturbances in dock area to superiors and maintains general vigilance.
- Assists Fuel Attendants when needed and ensures safe fueling procedures.
- Maintains VHF radio and in-person communication with vessels, Marina office and marina management.
- Delivers messages, mail and packages to yachts.
- Makes arrangements at guests’ requests, such as picking up articles for laundry and/or valet service, arranging transportation and submitting, delivering and loading provisioning orders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
VHG Operator’s certificate and basic first aid preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The employee may work near or around toxic or caustic chemicals while wearing proper personal protection equipment and following strict company safety standards. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
he employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Ability to adjust focus.
Career.VI - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard