The Platform Solutions Engineer is an experienced sales engineering professional, proficient in defining and developing solutions that meet the business and technology requirements of existing and new TMP clients. The Platform Solutions Engineer can work independently and has a strong work ethic. The Platform Solutions Engineer is capable of leading technical and business discussions during the pre-sales and post-sales process, can manage the customer technical relationship and assumes the role of Subject Matter Expert across TMP’s Product Suite. This role must maintain a holistic knowledge of TMP’s product and service offerings to develop effective and creative solutions for our clients.
Reports To: VP, Platform Solutions & Channels
* Drive revenues by managing the pre-sales technical solutions process and evangelizing TMP's Product technology to existing and prospective clients.
* Directs clients towards new product and service offerings that will maximize the value of their solution.
* Work closely with VP Platform Solutions & Channels, Product Marketing Managers and the sales organization to educate and train existing and prospective clients about the advantages of leveraging TMP’s offerings- this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all client related issues.
* Work closely with Product Marketing Management, Product Management and Software Engineering to provide useful client feedback and to develop future product direction and strategy - providing valuable input from the field.
* Oversee the client proposal process and ensure that all technical information and recommendations addressing customer requirements are properly defined.
* Support and educate Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to ensure that clients and prospects get appropriate marketing and technical documentation.
* Show high standards of leadership - actively educating and mentoring junior staff within the Sales organization.
* Required travel to client/prospect locations for pitches or when necessary (~25% travel).
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information System or relevant field.
* Minimum 3 years of overall experience in IT industry.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design.
* Technical background - XML, API, Web Services experience a plus.
* Experience with HRIS systems, solutions or sites is a big plus.
About TMP Worldwide
TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications, LLC (www.tmp.com) is a global, tech-enabled talent acquisition company that leverages software, advertising and creativity to develop and deploy our clients’ employer brands across digital, social and mobile outlets. Our client base of over 1,200 companies spans every sector in business and government. Headquartered in New York City, with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia with affiliates around the globe, TMP continues to set the standard for measurable and cost-effective HR communications. We are also honored to be recognized, once again, among AdAge’s Top US Digital Agencies, ranking #33 for 2012.
TMP Worldwide is committed to providing a safe workplace for all employees. It is the policy of TMP Worldwide to conduct a background check for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
TMP Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
TMP Worldwide - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications, LLC (www.tmp.com) is the world’s largest recruitment advertising agency and the only...