Posting Job Title: Associate Producer - NY1 For You, Part Time
Requisition #: 136706BR
Posting Location: United States - New York - New York
Area of Interest: Administrative/Clerical
Network Television Production
Cable Television Production
Position Type: Part Time
Posting Job Description:
Provides quality, comprehensive stories to our viewers for the NY1 For You segment. Involved in all aspects of news-gathering and production of stories. Interacts with NY1 For You Reporter, writers, producers, assignment editors and all other staff responsible for taking story from concept to air. Makes certain to provide a balanced, accurate, objective picture of all news, entertainment and current events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Researches story ideas and tips.
- Shoots and edits video, stories and packages for air.
- Uses news judgment to decide what stories to cover and how to present them.
- Makes certain that all necessary elements on packages are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Evaluates resources needed for adequate coverage.
- Responsible for managing equipment (cameras, news vehicles)
- Conceives stories to add to our programming.
- Writes and edits stories, teases, scripts, etc.
- Keeps informed on current issues
- Reviews content of stories and check for errors of fact, technical errors, creative content, miscues, editorial mistakes and all elements needed to deliver quality programming.
- Contacts legal department as needed for stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to drive to story locations (must have valid Driver’s License)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work shifts as needed in a 24/7 newsroom including overnights, weekends, and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or related field
- At least one year of experience working in news required
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
FCC Unit_TWC: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00112 - NYC 9th Ave
Time Warner Cable - 12 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...