9You'll love working at Publix, because we're in the business of pleasing people. Our Associates are so engaged with our customers that Publix is the industry leader in customer satisfaction. Their engaging personalities are also one reason that, for 15 consecutive years, Publix has been honored as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Bring YOUR passion for people to the Grocery Clerk position i n Knoxville, TN 37922 . You'll have the chance to share your smile with a lot of people!
Come join a company that has built its reputation on providing premier customer service. For years, Publix has been the top-ranking supermarket chain in the nation on the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Come join a company that treats associates as family. Thanks to our founder, George Jenkins, all eligible associates are shareholders in Publix. Our annual survey of associates shows strong job satisfaction. Many in our family stay with us for more than 20 years.
Come join a company whose continual growth provides ongoing opportunities for advancing your career. Publix has 150,000 associates, more than 1,000 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee, and continually opens new stores. Our support system of manufacturing plants, distribution centers and corporate offices are expanding to serve that growth .
Come join a company that is financially sound, ethically strong and committed to diversity in all respects .
INTRODUCING THIS OPPORTUNITY
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position include:
Minimum Qualifications: The required qualifications for this position include:
- Order proper amount of product for assigned section
- Unload product from truck
- Fill assigned sections as needed
- Ensure product is rotated, within date, and properly displayed on shelves
- Clean cases and shelves
- Mop and sweep the sales floor and stock room, and/or dairy coolers
- Operate back room equipment, pallet jack, scissor lift, baler, compactor and scrub machine
- Assist customers and
- Assist in other duties as assigned
- At least 16 years old
- At least 18 years old to operate power-driven machinery or equipment or use ladders, scaffolds, or their substitutes above 6 feet in height
- Ability to deliver friendly and courteous customer service
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems and
- Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team member
- Hourly Pay Range: $ 8.50-10.50
Northside Town Center
2010 Town Center Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37922
Our Application process:
To be considered for this opening, you must apply at a Publix Job Application Center , a kiosk located in each store. It is best to do that at the location for this opening but you can go to any local Publix to apply. When you apply on the Job Application Center, managers at other stores can view your application and may call you if they have openings, if you are qualified, and if your hours of availability match their needs.
Come join a company that offers benefits to help you grow financially. Publix offers the following to all eligible associates:
Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
For more information about our company, go to www.publix.com .
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...