Job Title: S&OP / Planning Process Improvement Manager
Reports to: Director, Production Planning
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
Location: Waterbury, VT
SUMMARY: The SIOP / Supply Planning Process Improvement Manager is the owner of the Supply portion of the Enterprise Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process. This position is responsible for managing processes, and systems that are used to convert the Enterprise demand forecast into production and inventory plans. In addition, this position is responsible for identifying and implementing improvements to the supply planning systems and processes through detailed analysis.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Initial responsibility includes the direct supervision of 1 - 2 planning analysts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates draft production plans and identifies constraints based on unconstrained forecasts supplied by Demand Planning.
• Crafts final SKU-level production plans based on constrained forecasts. Additionally, this position is responsible for the rapid, continuous improvement of these processes, including the continued migration of these processes onto Demantra S&OP and PeopleSoft Supply Planning Modules.
• This position, along with the Director of Planning, is responsible for giving direction to manufacturing sites to ensure that planned production and inventory levels are met; and then to monitor, track, and report actual production and inventory performance against forecasted results.
• Contributes to and leads efforts to improve other processes that enable improved production and inventory planning and tracking. This includes improving order management processes, improving PeopleSoft Supply Planning system functionality, and reporting through ERP and manual processes.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for coordination, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the department/team and creating a positive climate where people want to do their best.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Principles, policies and applicable laws.
• Accountable for communication, interviewing and hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, leveraging team and individual strengths, managing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems to ensure high performance results.
• Follow all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards, and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, business, or related field required. Master’s degree in business, operations research, or related field preferred.
• 5-10 years of management and finished product and raw materials planning experience in a related production or operations role. APICS or CSCMP certification is desirable.
• Ability to perform detailed analyses to diagnose and identify opportunities to improve supply planning systems.
• Demonstrated track record of improving and optimizing supply planning processes and systems.
• Ability to present complex analysis in understandable forms to business stakeholders.
• Strong holistic thinking when analyzing and improving supply chain processes.
• Direct experience leading Sales & Operations Supply Planning processes.
• Experience with ERP planning systems as a super user or subject matter expert. Specific experience with Demantra S&OP and/or PeopleSoft Supply Planning is preferred.
• Aptitude to understand and apply the broader business contexts of the coffee industry, the beverage industry, and GMCR’s different sales channels; and the ability to judge what considerations (cost, inventory, service levels, lead times, etc.) are most important within those contexts.
• Willingness to be flexible and to work in a rapidly changing environment. Must be able to push forward on efforts, even when all of the requirements have not been defined.
• Detailed and deadline-orientated to meet regular and periodic needs of the business for accurate and timely information.
• Strong analytical capacity including advanced knowledge of Excel and demonstrated competence with data structures/SQL.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills, including familiarity with operations tools and concepts such as DMAIC, Lean Manufacturing, and the Theory of Constraints.
• Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow Manufacturing best practices.
• Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our operating principles.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This individual will also be required to authorize GMCR to run a Criminal Background Check. The examination and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks. GMCR is an E-Verify employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 2 years ago - save job