What You Will Do:|
1. Types and processes Neurology dictation using manual and electronic transcription systems.
2. Functions independently, setting work priorities based on patient schedule, physician schedule, corporate and hospital requirements.
3. Operates various computer systems, each having a special and specific function related to registration, scheduling, transcription, payroll (Kronos) and the like.
4. Keeps accurate schedule of office appointments, departmental and administrative meetings, diverse tests and seminars. Alerts office staff of required meeting attendance.
5. Collects, reviews and distributes accurate billing information using knowledge of current CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding procedures, Medicare guidelines and HIPPA regulations. Works closely with Patient Billing Office to stay abreast of fluctuating Medicare and commercial insurance company rules, regulations and policies.
6. Obtains authorizations and pre-certifications for surgery and related testing procedures.
7. Screens phone calls from physicians, nurses, sales representatives, patients and various hospital departments and administration. Greets and assists vendor/visitors and arranges meetings between vendors/visitors and staff when appropriate.
8. Takes minutes of department meetings, transcribes dictation, composes letters and responds to a wide variety of correspondence related to the office practice.
9. Orders office and medical/surgical supplies required to operate an efficient office practice. Maintains operating expenses within a pre-defined budget.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Five to ten years working in a busy medical practice. Fluent in Microsoft Office.
University of Maryland Medical System
- 3 years ago - save job
Maryland General Hospital provides you and your family with medical care in more than 30 specialties. We have over 500 doctors and more than...