Accounting Assistant - Carrier Compliance
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for supporting Cargill processes related to the qualification and contracting of new transportation service providers (carriers). You will collect and review documentation from carriers, review Cargill policies with the carrier and assist in the resolution of any issues/discrepancies that are identified. Will be responsible for the preparation and administration of carriers and maintaining carrier data (such as rates and insurance) in various computer systems.
Participates in special projects such as working with the mode team on the yearly RFP (bid process), training new team members, collecting and presenting data for analysis and collaborating with others to develop and implement process improvements within the department.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- 45% Enter and maintain information into Transportation Systems; includes carrier set-up, rate maintenance, other transportation related data.
- 35% Responsible for carrier qualification, documentation, and contract administration (including creation of contract and appendices as well as maintenance of carrier contract files) Periodically review all carrier files to ensure compliance with Cargill standards.
- 10% Continuously review/monitor carrier insurance, safety and authorities to ensure compliance of Cargill requirements.
- 10% Participate in other transportation projects / duties as needed
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an office setting
- Proficient using Microsoft Office - Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Must have strong math skills
- Ability to make decisions and apply reason to day-to-day work
- Must be a strong team player
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal =
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Associates or Bachelors degree with focus in Accounting or Business
- Experience using Microsoft Access, JD Edwards, CASS, Sterling or SAP
Transportation/Logistics and Forwarding
Cargill - 23 months ago
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...