SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services.
The Senior Software Developer position requires strong business skills and is responsible both for software development activities – including reviewing requirements, designing and creating software solutions, creating and/or modifying systems code and functionality, testing, and debugging system software. The Senior Software Developer also leads the creation of requirements and software designs and managing the implementation of those designs in delivered software.
This position is located in Fairfield, New Jersey.
Software Development Manager
- Define, design, and implement new technical software to solve identified business requirements, delivered to clients on-time and on budget.
- Investigate technical issues and develop original design solutions for existing software applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Collect and analyze user requirements, create technical designs, and write technical design documentation of proposed solutions.
- Create original software to address technical and functional requirements for client solutions.
- Develop and maintain web, client/server and mobile applications using Microsoft .NET platform.
- Work cooperatively with other team members responsible for other parts of large-scale enterprise software systems
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes, and design & create software solutions to affect efficiencies identified.
- Works within the approved timelines and schedule to accomplish multiple tasks, and to meet delivery deadlines and quality expectations.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Create test unit software code to be run in the Unit test environment, consistent with automated testing procedures
- Write technical specifications and documentation for the applications.
- Work with the DBA/Database group to design and implement data solutions for enterprise-level systems
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Development team members to track progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Software Development Manager.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Participate in exploring new innovative technical solutions as appropriate for the business.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field plus 5 years of IT development experience or Masters in Computer Science plus 3 years of IT development experience; including design, development and release cycles delivering software to market.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in hands-on technical lead role in application development using Microsoft technology products.
- Must be a go-getter; ability to convert requirement documents/flow-charts into quality functional code. Ability to execute complex development projects
- Proven experience in SOA, OOD and Relational databases
- Proficiency in .NET application (WinForm, WPF, WebForm)
- Experience with Web Services, WCF and multi-tier distributed systems
- Demonstrated skill in SQL programming, with T-SQL programming experience desired.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle, and of various software development methodologies including, but not limited to, Continuous Integration, Rapid Application Development, Waterfall methods.
- A strong record of time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to excel in idea generation, evaluation, and prioritization, cross-functional technical program participation with cross-functional and geographically dispersed engineering teams.
- Experience solving complex and large-scare software problems.
- Experience delivering software both for the desktop (GUI) as well as system (Server), and communications (Network programming) environments.
- A willingness to dive into new software environments and new technical issues and technologies.
- Demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Results-oriented, Problem-solving individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter who has the drive and enthusiasm to make a tangible difference in developing and growing our company.
- 3 years of .NET, C# programming experience.
- Experience with C#, C++, .NET 2.0 and 3.x, VB.NET, HTML, SOAP, XML, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2005/2008
- Familiarity with LINQ, JSON, WPF
- Demonstrated proficiency with development of high-performance Oracle/MS-SQL Server stored procedures and functions.
- Familiarity with software source control tool MS-Team Foundation Server.
- Familiarity with NUnit.
- Demonstrated ability to document source code.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Client-Server, and multi-tier applications development
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Must successfully pass drug test and background check.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SGS is the world's leading independent testing, inspection, verification and certification company in the world.