The purpose of this position is to support the TeleHealth Services Organization in the planning and implementation of projects as assigned. The Project Manager leads multiple projects and multiple matrixed project teams to meet project objectives within scope, schedule, cost, resource, quality, risk constraints.
Responsibilities include participating in the design of the project solution as needed and organizing project activities including the assessment, analysis, design, planning, training, implementation, and measurement of the project process design; as well as coordinating updates to the Executive and Leadership team(s). They assist in auditing previously implemented processes. The Project Manager interacts with administrators, management¸ IT, physicians and staff as required on each project in scoping, planning, design, communication, implementation, monitoring, and stabilization of a new process.
Senior-level professional with extensive experience in all aspects of project and program management. Is able to function with minimal oversight and direction.
1. Develops, leads and publishes project planning deliverables, e.g. work plans and schedules, budgets, responsibility matrices, analysis documents, tracking documents, status reports and other implementation documentation. Adjusts project plan as necessary to achieve project objectives within schedule, scope and resource constraints
2. Facilitates and/or leads meetings; works independently and maintains positive interactions with Executive Leadership, Business Administrators, Clinical Administrators, Physicians, Departmental Leadership, staff and Vendors.
3. Identifies areas and key stakeholders affected by a new process, product or vendor, and initiates discussion and communication. Prepares suggested reports for review by highlighting implications of findings.
4. Identifies needed project resources and works with resource managers to ensure that adequate resources are in place to support the project plan. Escalates project resource issues in a timely manner.
5. Assigns project work, assist in setting priorities, and provides guidance in the completion of tasks
6. Maintains project files, tracking documents, meeting agendas, presentations and other implementation documentation.
7. Communicates progress, difficulties and solutions that reflect ability to anticipate and adapt to changing circumstances.
8. Leads efforts in data gathering and analysis by ensuring efficient data collection, determining analytical choices and formulating conclusions and recommendations.
9. Provides leadership in identifying, analyzing, managing, mitigating and resolving issues and risks (including dependencies) affecting the project. As appropriate, escalates issues and risks to management.
Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical, engineering, business management or related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
Six years experience in project management and/or program management role.
Excellent data management, analysis and presentation skills including use of common tools to extract data and develop reports and graphs for use in reports.
2 years experience with Healthcare IT technologies and applications.
Hearing/listening, manual dexterity, seeing, speaking
Project Management Professional certification from PMI.org
Successful track record in all aspects of providing excellent customer service.
Excellent written and verbal communications to all levels within the organization.
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with all levels within the organization.
Demonstrated ability to influence others to complete assigned work using methods consistent with Intermountain’s values.
Six Sigma process certification or demonstrated equivalent experience and skill.
4 years experience in actively using Microsoft Project Professional to manage projects.
2 years experience managing projects using a Project Life Cycle including phase-gate style project reviews.
2 years experience in a healthcare provider setting.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...