MillerCoors is built upon a foundation of more than 288 years of brewing heritage. It is a legacy driven by our founders to brew the highest quality beers, and a commitment that continues today. Our vision is to create America's best beer company by driving profitable growth. And we insist on building our brands the right way through quality brewing, responsible marketing, and a commitment to sustainable development and community investments. We're building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the beer business, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always aim to amaze customers by doing the little things that make a big difference. |
Posting Job Description
Performs a variety of basic microbiological or chemical and physical analyses on products, raw materials, in-process materials per MillerCoors quality system requirements. Interprets, evaluates, and reports the analyses in terms of accuracy and precision. Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process control, and conducts certification and training of employee's based on test methods and procedures. Applies method, instrument and data systems expertise to resolve problems. Links analytical or microbiological results with a basic understanding of brewing and packaging. Performs high level instrumental analyses such as HPLC, GC, and AA. Collaborates with the operational business units and quality specialists in each process area by:
Is responsible for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, programs and related MillerCoors Quality Management System, e.g., SQF, HACCP and GMP, etc to ensure safety and quality of MillerCoors products.
- Supporting adherance to quality system standards and requirements
- Partnering to enable and drive continuous and focused improvement to reduce variability in each process area
- Interpreting, analyzing, validating and reporting quality data clearly and consistently and
Education level and/or experience
Skills and/or knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field of study or 5 years of micro laboratory/brewing experience. (Preferred degrees in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cereal Science, Microbiology, Food Science, Agronomy, Chemical Engineering)
- Entry level to two (2) years experience in quality related processes
- Experience in microbiology or analytical laboratory required.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of microbiology and chemistry.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrument maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods and computer skills
- Familiarity and basic understanding of the brewing process a plus
- Familiarity with quality systems a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills
- Experience with problem solving techniques
- Familiarity with concept of continuous improvement
- Must exhibit the flexibility needed to respond to frequent changes in production requirements
- Must exhibit the ability to collect samples from a variety of environmental conditions in the manufacturing facility.
- Ability and willingness to work a rotating shift operation, weekends and holidays as necessary to support production requirements
MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put aside their...