Requisition ID: 12003255
Location(s): United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Business Sector: Information Systems
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: 1st Shift
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Programmer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC.
Work with the technology you need to succeed...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Systems Office of Justice Programs (OJP) under the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). OJP’s systems environments provide number of functional areas, including security, grants processing, data warehousing/data management, financial management, travel management, property accounting/tracking, and other administrative functional areas. Technology work will involve a broad range of technology, including but not limited to: J2EE, Oracle, Linux, UNIX, Windows, SharePoint, .Net and a wide range of automation technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities. Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Translates detailed design into computer software.
- Tests, debugs and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepares required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Provides technical direction to lower level programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must have experience with a broad range of technology, including but not limited to: J2EE, Oracle, Linux, Windows, SharePoint, .Net and a wide range of automation technologies.
- Must be a United States Citizen and meet the DOJ Residency Requirement. The Residency Requirement states that, for three of the five years immediately prior to applying for a position, the individual must have: 1) resided in the United States; 2) worked for the United States overseas in a Federal or military capacity; or 3) be a dependent of a Federal or military employee serving overseas.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...