About Mars Botanical
Building on more than 15 years of Mars, Incorporated global leadership in the science investigating the health and biomedical potential of flavanols, Mars Botanical was established as a scientific division of Mars, Incorporated in 2007 to focus on research and product development involving flavanols, phytonutrients found in cocoa, tea, wine and certain fruits and vegetables.
Mars Botanical’s mission is to commercialize cocoa flavanol-based products, which are supported by evidence-based claims and deliver meaningful and proven quality of life benefits to consumers worldwide.
About Mars Symbioscience
Mars Symbioscience is the global health & life sciences segment of Mars, Incorporated focused on delivering evidence-based science. An idea incubator, Mars Symbioscience is headquartered in Germantown, Maryland, U.S.A., and through its business units, Mars Botanical, Mars Veterinary and Mars Plantcare, produces brands including
About Mars Veterinary
Mars Veterinary is a division of Mars, Incorporated, a company known for innovative consumer and pet food brands that are trusted by people around the world, dedicated to facilitating responsible pet care by enlightening pet owners and communities with valuable insights into their pets as individuals through innovative, science-based discoveries. Through the
dog DNA tests, Mars Veterinary is helping dog owners know more than ever before about their canine companions.
This laboratory-based position will focus on sample preparation and the routine analysis of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished goods, including conventional foods, dietary supplements, and medical foods.
This role will work closely with other members of the Analytical Team, as well as with the Quality and Safety Team to ensure analytical compliance with required testing.
- Using established SOPs, perform laboratory activities including but not limited to sample preparation, solvent/reagent preparation, laboratory maintenance/monitoring, and routine testing of laboratory samples.
- With supervision, perform analytical testing using instrumentation including, but not limited to HPLC, GC, NIR, Particle Size Analyzers
- Generate analytical data and analysis, within cGMP compliance, relevant to assigned analytical testing in a timely manner.
- As needed, update sample-tracking databases and maintain chemical inventory for the laboratory.
- As requested, actively participate in laboratory equipment and facility maintenance.
- Comply with all pertinent regulatory standards regarding equipment and testing services.
- Make detailed observations and maintain clear, accurate and timely documentation of all laboratory work.
- Accurately records own data and results in a timely manner and in compliance with appropriate quality standards.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized lab area.
Requirements and Education
- Proficient in diverse types of sample preparation.
- With supervision, capable of analyzing samples from various sources using analytical instrumentation such as HPLC and GC, among others.
- Experience working in a fast-paced industrial environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent note booking skills required
- Is a team player, and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other areas of the company, such as Food Applications, QC, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, etc.
- Experience with the key techniques associated with the analysis of natural products is preferred, but not required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain communication across functional groups. Able to communicate effectively in a small group or one on one setting.
- Experience with and understanding of
CDS Chem Station or similar chromatography data system.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a commercial or industrial laboratory
- Well versed in performing chemical and physical testing and sampling of raw materials, and finished products.
- Hands-on experience
- Demonstrated experience in being able to work independently to get work done
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a cooperative manner within teams.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-demand environment
B.S. in analytical chemistry or food chemistry, or similar field with 2+ years of experience in an industrial or commercial lab.
Mars Symbioscience can be characterized by our 5 Principals: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency & Freedom. Please visit our websites to learn more.
Research and Development
Mars - 18 months ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...