Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: Learning Services: SSS Pay Type: Yearly Months Per Year: 12 Hours Per Week: 40 Salary Plan: ADM Grade: L12 Min Rate: $74,582.00 Max Rate: $100,905.00
Salary Range Information
Salary placement for our Administrative staff will be determined by our Administrative Salary schedule. Salary ranges for each position are identified in the Pay Ranges for Administrative positions.
Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees’ education and/or work experience.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Administrative Employee Compensation Program handbook that can be found on our district website.
SUMMARY: Provide knowledge, guidance, and support of building level administrators and Student Support Services staff for students with special learning and behavioral challenges in the area of professional development, programming, and service delivery to increase student achievement. Provide assistance and support to the Director of Student Support Services in the development, implementation and e valuation of department goals.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Provide knowledge, guidance, and support to building level administrators and Student Support Services staff for students with special learning and behavioral challenges in the areas of professional development, programming, and service delivery to increase student achievement.
2. Provide assistance and support to the Director of Student Support Services in the development, implementation and evaluation of department goals.
3. Problem solve with individual providers, teams and building level administrators to ensure quality programming for students with special needs in accordance with district, state and federal guidelines. Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of new programs and/or the modification of existing programs to meet the unique learning needs of students, including the promotion of least restrictive placement options whenever possible. Collaborate with Student Support Services specialists and coordinators to assure consistent provision of services district wide. Allocate resources based on programming needs.
4. Facilitate communication with the Special Education Department, Gifted & Talented Department, Safe & Drug Free Department and Prevention/Intervention Department and with the Board of Education, community, superintendent, Learning Services, Human Resources and Business Services departments. Act as a resource to district administrators.
5. Maintain oversight for Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and No Child Left Behind (NCLB) compliance for populations with Student Support Services. Develop and monitor professional development activities focusing on district, state and federal IDEA and NCLB requirements for responsible department.
6. Establish and monitor a supervisory and accountability structure for special education services in district charter schools.
7. Supervise/support coordinators, Specialist and office staff.
8. Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring yearly FTE allocations and para educator hours to ensure compliance and equity of resources. Assist in development of a district budget to meet the required needs of the disabled student population. Assist in the preparation and submission of all reports required for state and federal government.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Education plus additional course work required for certification or licensure.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the field of public school education.
Must be willing to complete Special Education Director license program with in two year of employment in this position.
- Colorado Principal’s License and Special Education Director Certification preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Valid Colorado Teacher’s License required.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Knowledge of legal issues and requirements related to special education.
- Knowledge of special education programs and services.
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, conflict resolution and adult learning.
- Demonstrated skills in data gathering and analysis, project planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated skills in working with district staff, parents and students on issues related to discipline and curriculum implementation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Word-processing skills and knowledge of student information systems such as SASI, Excent.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
How To Apply
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals.
- Palm within in 6 months after hire.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
Applicants for this position shall apply online. Please send to Human Resources or upload to the online application a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of recommendation/references. If this position requires a degree, official transcripts must be submitted at the time of hire. If this position requires a Certified Administrator license, please provide a copy of this license at the time of application. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience. If you attach a resume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 E. 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 2 years ago