Autodesk Media and Entertainment is seeking a highly motivated Technical Product Manager, with domain expertise in Film and Television Production Management. You will work with a creative team of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to build cloud services to manage task assignment, asset tracking and review management for film or television production.
The role requires a deep understanding of the film and television production pipeline, from script to final frames. Experience in software product development, cloud/SaaS enterprise software, PLM, community or social platforms, or online software development tools is also a plus.
The successful candidate will be expected to interface with industry leading filmmakers; document their requirements and work with Autodesk's Agile product design and engineering teams to rapidly develop and iterate on prototypes to address the customer's needs.
The position requires strong leadership, analytical and communication skills, in order to lead a product development effort from inception to launch. This includes working with cross-organization stakeholders from multiple levels and groups, to refine vision, and deliver upon product strategy
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Job Title and Number: Technical Product Manager - Production Management - 12WD10651
Location: Venice, California
Manage expectation and communicate with internal stakeholders and the broader customer community
- Identify customer and partner needs, strategies, value propositions, and barriers to purchase through market research and deep customer/partner relationships. You will be expected to work for extended periods of time onsite with film customers in Los Angeles, to perform market user testing and understand and synthesize their insights
- Capture customer feedback and effectively communicate highly complex ideas with a broad audience including Product Managers, Product Design and Engineering
- Own the creation of product requirements document for your given product lines
- Provide guidance to the Agile Product Design and Engineering teams in the development of product specifications that deliver on specified market requirements
- Assess and investigate different technologies, both inside and outside the company; consider how they might be applied to solve a given market problem and how they might be integrated into a current product strategy
- Perform build, buy, partner analysis and if applicable develop and maintain technology partner relationships
- Maintain the product roadmap and help set priorities for the development organization
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six-week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, ongoing employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
- BS/BA degree; computer science/engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years film and television production management experience
- Experience in the development of Cloud/Web-based solutions for production management (PLM)
- Strong analytical skills and background in data-driven design principles
- Product Management experience is an asset
- Experience working as an "Agile Product Owner" preferred, but not strictly required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a pre-requisite
- Strong awareness of technology trends and the potential influence on Autodesk's business
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please submit your resume online at http://www.autodesk.com/careers - Job Req #12WD10651. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.