Penske Logistics is looking for qualified professional truck drivers to become part of an excellent team. If you are an experienced driver who is safety conscious customer focused, and possess a pleasant outgoing attitude, this is a great opportunity to continue your career with one of the nation's largest logistics companies. Drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers and making quality return pickups as required. Must also complete vendor backhauls as directed. Perform other driving duties and special assignments as directed by the Operations Supervisor or Manager.
Job requirements may include:
- Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
- Assists workers in loading and unloading truck.
- Wrap goods using pads, packing paper, and containers, and secures load to trailer wall using straps
- Inventories and inspects goods to be moved
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Inspecting truck before and after trips and submitting report indicating truck condition
- Drive tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products or materials
- Maneuver truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from spotter as needed
- Read bill of lading and obtain customer's signature
- Maintain driver log according to I.C.C. regulations
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products or other materials
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition
- Support and participate with Safety Team meetings and activities
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
- At least 23 years of age required
- CDL Class A required
- 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience in the last 5 years required
- 2 years of clean DMV/MVR record required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Driving school and or safety certifications preferred
- Dealing with people skills, reliable and customer oriented, and ability to work independently required
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
4300 Alexander Blvd NE
4300 Alexander Blvd NE
Penske - 15 months ago
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading...