NAES Corporation is the energy industry's largest independent, third-party provider of operations and maintenance services, and also serves the industry with specialized support
services, gas and steam turbine inspections, mechanical shop repairs,
electrical and mechanical construction and maintenance, and the placement of
technical personnel. NAES is a full service provider offering a complete
array of services dedicated to making facilities run more safely, reliably and
Griffith consists of two GE 7FA+e combustion turbines, two NEM HRSGs and one Toshiba steam turbine operating in combined cycle configuration. The turbines are equipped with dry low NOX burners and selective catalytic reduction ("SCR") for the control of NOX emissions. The facility is also equipped with inlet chillers that provide additional capacity during high temperature days. Duct burners provide approximately 115 MW of additional capacity during peak operations.
During plant operating periods on a shift basis, directly responsible for the operation, maintenance, and performance of the Project. During plant down time responsible for equipment maintenance.
1. Continuously monitor Project equipment operation and maintenance to ensure efficient and safe operation.
2. Responsible for the safety of all personnel during shifts when the Plant Manager is absent from the project and there is no Acting Plant Manager designated in writing. (For example, off-shifts, holidays, etc.)
3. Must operate the Project in a way which will maximize output and revenue for the Owner and Operator and minimize losses while meeting all compliance and safety requirements.
4. Nominate generation and fuel requirements as required.
5. Coordinate activities of support personnel on shift. May directly supervise these personnel when required.
6. Supervise and direct activities of any assigned personnel.
7. Direct activities of vendor and contractor personnel while assigned to shift.
8. Evaluate overall Project and individual equipment performance and identify means to make improvements and/or resolve problems.
9. Participate in special projects and duties assigned by the Plant Manager to enhance unit operation or maintenance. This may include documenting and reporting equipment status, water quality analysis, instrument and control calibration, etc.
10. Responsible for the correct and adequate response to emergencies such as fire, dust storms, etc. by personnel supervised by this position.
11. Responsible to immediate Production Manager to ensure compliance with the Environmental Compliance Program and that all reasonable precautions to prevent incidents of noncompliance have been taken. Responsible to immediately report to Production Manager or Plant Manager any known or suspected violations to the environmental program or any situation they suspect could lead to a violation.
12. Responsible to maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position.
13. Perform all duties and responsibilities assigned by the Plant Manager to this position, but not specifically stated in this description.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree in industrial technology or an engineering discipline with seven (7) years work related field experience or high school diploma and ten (10) years work related experience in power plant operations. Mechanical or electrical maintenance is required.
1. Have demonstrated technical ability in the operation and maintenance of gas turbine or similar generating systems.
2. Be able to successfully complete the NUS training course, Basic Power Plant Principles.
3. Have had experience supervising personnel.
4. Have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports. Communication skills are essential.
5. Be able to operate a computer terminal.
6. Skilled with MS Office Suite.
7. Be able to personally respond to plant emergencies.
8. Be physically capable of climbing stairs and ladders.
9. Capable of physically demanding work at heights and with adverse conditions during operations and when participating in fir/emergency activities.
10. Be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space.
11. Be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs. of weight.
12. Eyesight corrected to 20/40 to accurately read and interpret instruments and gauges.
13. Physically capable to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test.
14. Be able to work a rotating shift schedule as assigned.
15. Valid driver's license required.
16. Be physically capable to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment, and portable radio communication.
17. Have either a mechanical or electrical background:
Familiar with mechanical maintenance of pumps, compressors, turbine, generators, and diesel engines.
Perform piping and valve installation.
Knowledge in machine coupling and alignment.
Some machine shop experience.
Welding skills preferred.
Electrical / I&C:
Familiar with electrical maintenance of motors, generators, MCCs, transformers, breakers, power panels, and battery systems.
Locate and correct AC and DC ground faults.
Calibration of analog & digital instruments/systems.
Position will require physical exam and random drug screening.
NAES offers competitive compensation , a
comprehensive benefits package (including retirement) and promotional
No phone calls please .
It is the practice of NAES to seek employees of the highest quality and to select the individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, military status or affiliation protected under USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
NAES Corporation - 15 months ago