The Data Architect is responsible for data architecture as it relates to security, the design of systems, applications, and data management solutions. The Data Architect will work with technology teams and business users to gather and define requirements, then determine all possible data management options. In addition to providing multiple options for data management, the Data Architect should be able to clearly present these options in terms that all can understand and relate to their various needs. The Data Architect will be responsible for data governance and long term scalability of the database environment. The Data Architect will design, develop, and implement strategic data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. The Data Architect will act as the primary advocate of data modeling methodologies and data processing best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and data standards for enterprise systems across active / active data centers
- Create end-to-end vision on how logical design translates into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the enterprise.
- Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones are needed
- Formulate and maintain data model and metadata policies and procedures for functional design
- Provide technical recommendations to senior managers and technical staff in the development and implementation of databases or documentation.
- Research upgrades and new database technologies
- Collaborate with project managers and business leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4-year college degree in Information Systems or Business, or similar.
- 8+ years prior database administration experience in high OLTP environment
- 2+ years of experience working in a data architect capacity, most recent role included
- Solid understanding of databases and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products, with the ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table
- Thorough understanding of Cloud based system integration, Enterprise Data Security, and Enterprise Architecture Governance
- Data modeling skills
- Experience with SOA data layer utilizing data access frameworks and exposing data via web services
- Experience with Business Intelligence and data mart architecture
- Experience creating a data architecture vision between lines of business and IT
- Demonstrated competency in communicating the value of data architecture to stakeholders and senior management
- Experience in SDLC processes, database patterns and development frameworks
- Experience in architecting high volume, scalable transactional systems
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop and conduct executive-level presentations
- Self-directed with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Experience in Financial Services, Payroll or related business preferred
Paycor - 23 months ago
Paycor provides integrated payroll, HR and time & attendance solutions powered by surprisingly personal service and intuitive...