The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager with serving customers and maintaining the Pharmacy department. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Perform all functions and duties of a Pharmacy Service Representative to ensure prompt service in the Pharmacy Department.
2. Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
3. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law.
4. Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory where permitted by state law.
5. Create prescription labels and put them on prescription containers where permitted by state law.
6. Place medication into prescription containers where permitted by state law.
7. Complete paperwork related to filling prescriptions and input customer and prescription data into the computer system where permitted by law.
8. Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
9. Assist in inventory management processes including: order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
10. Administer Rite Aid programs including: FlavoRx, Living More, etc.
11. Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Experience / Requirements:
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old as required by state law.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel
welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work extended days on a rare basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Familiarity with Pharmacy Law and industry/technical terms and processes.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Excellent customer service skills.
-Familiarity with SYSM and other communication tools.
-Ability to resolve conflicts and problems as they arise.
The following qualities are helpful:
-Ten-key punch speed of four thousand (4,000) SPH.
-Typing speed of forty (40) WPM.
-Knowledge of brand and generic drugs by name.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
This position requires the following licenses and/or certifications:
-Pharmacy Technician certification where required by state law.
-Rite Aid Technician Training Program certification in all modules, job class/codes up to and including “Pharmacy Technician”.
-Successful achievement of Rite Aid’s Pharmacy Technician Certification.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus 600 practical hours working in retail and/or pharmacy operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...