OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions has an immediate need for a Field Care Advocate in the San Diego area. In this newly created position, the successful candidate will work in the field to coordinate the delivery of comprehensive services to members on behalf of a new health plan client.
Keywords: LCSW, MFT, Psychology, PhD, PsyD, Mental, Behavioral, Psychologist, Social Worker
- Coordinate with Health Plan staff, family members, primary care physician and all other service providers to ensure proper service delivery
- Attend treatment team meetings at the health plan's offices, and other community sites
- Maintain active communication with Health Plan and service providers
- Facilitate admissions to programs or treatment with providers
- Review clinical assessments
- Coordinate with Optum Clinical Learning Department to identify, develop and deliver clinical/administrative training modules as needed
- Discuss treatment plans with providers and negotiate alternative treatment strategies consistent with Level of Care Guidelines and Best Practices.
- Participate telephonically in staff meetings, case conferences, and in-service opportunities. Attend bi-annual on-site staff meetings.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of clinical data and review outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and competently apply OHBS policies and procedures and regulatory standards
- Must be an independently licensed masterâ€™s level/Ph.D. mental health professional, licensed Ph.D., LCSW, MFT or licensed psychiatric nurse. Must have a current CA unrestricted license.
- Minimum three years (post-licensure preferred) direct clinical experience with emphasis on acute psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment.
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience with DSM IV-R, ICD-9, time efficient models of intervention and other standard criterion
- Proficiency using a PC in a Windows environment
- Current, unrestricted driver's license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance
- Broad experience with Public Sector, inpatient, outpatient and/or residential/day treatment strongly preferred
- Managed care and/or insurance or utilization review experience desirable. In-home/field experience a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a strong preference
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth , you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...