Programmer Analyst - .NET/SQL/Oracle experience (Richland, Washington)
Remote Work Authorized
Oct 9, 2013, 4:32:46 PM
This position is responsible for information systems maintenance and process improvement within the Department of Energy's (DOE) Hanford Occupational Medical Contract located in Richland, Washington. Roles and responsibilities included:
Develops and maintains the tables and fields provided in the database to ensure accurate and error-free programming.
- Analyzes the needs and requirements of users of existing and proposed database systems and designs, develops, and documents moderately complex management information systems for various departments using database programming software, editors, and design tools.
- Designs, develops, implements, loads and maintains database for internal and external users/clients.
- Creates standards and/or modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or related field -or- equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical experience: personal computer and business solutions software skills, database engineering, design and database development and implementation, relational data modeling, Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services, stored procedure development with PL-SQL and T-SQL, development of applications with .NET technologies (C#, VB, ASP, NET), experience with electronic medical records strongly desirable.
- Develops logical data models using entity relationships and data flow diagrams; identifies new data elements needed within the systems' data dictionary and relationship to existing data structure.
- Assesses workload implications/feasibility of new system requirements. Participates in selection of off-the-shelf software; adapts purchased software to assure compatibility and proper interaction with existing systems and applications.
- Participates in quality assurance activities by testing standard design applications and in the development of test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
- Maintains version control/configuration management of IM systems. Plans and implements installations and upgrades of vendor software on all corporate computers.
- Adheres to and fosters acceptable health and safety practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Other qualifications include: must possess good analytical and problem solving skills, be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, have an understanding of security and information protection and associated requirements, demonstrate ability to comprehend business/client needs regarding database development/modification,
Essential Job Functions
Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
Gathers information from the system, analyzes program and time requirements, and prepares documentation to change existing programs.
Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Identifies issues as appropriate.
Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
Three or more years of experience in programming or testing
Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
Basic programming skills
Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...